IW STi Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
858 Posts
right side of pixs might be fuel pump access door. since the fuel filler door is on the right side and the fuel neck is right around that area.

now look down there and find the gas tank.

just for fun, i peeked under the one on the left and found something wrapped.

T

·
0 Posts
The left one is for hiding drugs and the right one for the illegal firearms when crossing the border. hehehe

·
Premium Member
710 Posts
Alignment shop in Chicagoland

So the fuel tank is forward of those openings in the trunk, under the back seat? The drawing makes it appear that way.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The way I look at the drawing, the front of the car is to the right and up, so the fuel tank is behind the back seats.

·
Premium Member
710 Posts
iwannastibad said:
The way I look at the drawing, the front of the car is to the right and up, so the fuel tank is behind the back seats.
According to the shape of the openings for the fuel sensors in the drawing, the front of the car is to the left. No? The oval opening is to the right of the circular one. Looking at the photo, this would mean the tank extends under the rear seat back, but maybe not all the way under it.

I just wanted to know where the tank is and where I could drill some holes to attach something to the trunk floor.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
the rear passengers are basically sitting over the gas tank. the spare tire well is aft of the tank, so you can't have the tank extending back there. plus it's much safer in the even of rear-end accidents.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
i took my car apart and hand-drew it. anything for you.

seriously though, i got it from the electronic version of the sti service manual.

·
Registered
858 Posts
4MLA1FN said:
i took my car apart and hand-drew it. anything for you.

seriously though, i got it from the electronic version of the sti service manual.
smart ass...

(actually, too bad i didnt reply with that faster... LOLLLLLLLLLLL)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
okkkk so now you make me ask . . .

where did you get the electronic version of the sti manual?

(oh - and would you come over to my house and draw my sti out?)

thanks for the info

1 - 14 of 14 Posts