IW STi Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If price was no object, what are the best sounding speakers that can fit witout cutting. Front? Rear? I know this is subjective to ones own ears, but I'm curious to hear all your oppinions. Also, if you know how much power they take to drive them, please include that info as well.

·
Registered
19 Posts
This question is loaded because even the most expensive speakers, like fine wine, do not suit everyones taste. And 99% of people wouldn't be able to tell the difference between good and bad....myself included sometimes.

But, just to play along, one of my personal favorites is Boston Acoustics Z6 components = roughly 1k a pair...but I wouldn't buy them at that price.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I agree that the question is loaded... I was just curious to hear individual opinions. Thanks for posting yours. I've seen those speakers, but haven't hear them. And I'd doubt they ARE worth it for that price. I've noticed that they have Dynaudios brand new on ebay for 450. It would take a custom install, but that would be a nice thing to have in there!

·
Registered
28 Posts
I can account for the Z6's in the STI - hard to fit - but they will. And I personally do hear the difference - but its a sound you gotta get used to (crystal clear!). Also, nobody with haggle abilities should ever pay more than 700 for them.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
STiPerformance- how much power are you feeding your diamonds? I bought a Mcintosh 4x50watt amp and was looking for a speaker that would run well off of 100x2 for the fronts.

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
thinking reasonably... the CDT CL61 components sound AWSOME and will fit without a problem! ($149.99 from thezeb.com - orignally priced at $3XX.XX).

Robert~

1 - 9 of 9 Posts