IW STi Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I drive the 07 STI ltd and I am a teacher. One of my know it all 12th graders, who unfortunately knows the car I drive, is continously saying stuff that just makes me want to laugh in his face. Anyway, yesterday he was mentioning some sti that was made with two doors, a skid plate running the entire length of the car and a 2 inch lift. As much as it sounded ridiculous, I then realized that I am not really sure of all the STI models sold in the US or Japan. As far as the US goes (please correct me if I'm wrong) I think the STI was first sold in 2004 and other than the LTD in 2007, there is only varied colors available but not different editions. Of course the drastic changes for 2008 and 2009. I did hear somewhere about the skidplate covering more of the undercarriage in the future but a 2 inch lift sounds retarted and as far as I know all STIs and WRXs come with 4 doors. Have there been any imprezas, even older models, with 2 doors? What other editions of STIs are availible overseas? And finally rate my students response on a scale of retardation.

·
Premium Member
9,206 Posts
The GC chassis had a two-door version. They offered an STi variant in Japan.

IIRC, none were ever "lifted".

1 - 3 of 3 Posts