IW STi Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This was my first time ever drag racing. Cool place(New England dragway), cool cars, some cool people and even a couple of cute girls. If you like cars as much as me it was like Candy heaven for a kid 8) I made 2 passes. For a Launch technique I basically revved to 5 or 6000 then let off the clutch at a smooth even pace. Both runs I bogged the launch. Run I 1 ran a 14.2 at 98 with a 60" time of 2.7. I really wanted to at least break 14. Run 2 I ran a 13.8 at 99.9 with a 60" time of 1.9. I know its nothing to be proud of but I was content for me. I can't wait to go a gain :D

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
if you're not getting tire spin then you're going to bog, dump a little higher and let out faster, as if you just let it out slow you will bog pretyt easily/and burn your clutch up. Also what was your DCCD setting? In auto you're going to bog and weeve no matter what you do.

Robert~

·
Registered
18 Posts
I ran last night too .I think I saw you there . I hd the white sti with gold rims . I ran two 12.8 second runs with a 1.7 60' . My mods are a blitz sus intake , invidia downpipe and a greddy profec b @ 16.5 psi . I have run probably 30 times so I have the launch down to a science . I can give you some pointers next wednesday if you are going to be there ? good luck and keep in mind.........you can only get faster !

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
dizastical, have you upped the boost to see how much your times can be dropped? I have essentially the same setup as you with the addition of a full 3" system, high flow cat and turbo muffler to the invidia DP. I have the boost set to stay under 19.5psi on the Profec B type II. I'm headed out next Friday to see how far into the 12's I can get with this cold New York wether (it wsa 38 degrees last night!!!). I will report back.

·
Registered
18 Posts
how the hell do you run 19.5 psi ? If I make anymore than 17.2 I hit boost cut ! Do you know something that I dont ?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts