went to cecil county drag strip last night in md,i did ok here is my best time

1.91 60ft
13.72 @ 97.6 mph

mph seems low and 60ft is crappy anyone have any advice

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yes it is stock but when there are people there also with stock sti's running low 13's it will make you a little angry.what do you guys shift at i think that is were i am messing up

·
IWSTI Club Level 11ty
5,687 Posts
mike 1 said:
yes it is stock but when there are people there also with stock sti's running low 13's it will make you a little angry.what do you guys shift at i think that is were i am messing up

first is at 7K
2-5 should be around 6.5K

·
Registered
393 Posts
I talked to you there last night. I was in the silver 05. Get that 60' down and you will be fine.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Takano said:
Knock that 60 foot down to 1.7 or 1.6 and you'll be in the mid-low 13s easy.
yes that is what i figured i thought my launch was pretty good i was blipping the rpm's between 5500 and 6000 and letting off the clutch fast but not dumping it. i don't know what else really to do to get the 60 ft down,

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
cfelix10 said:
I saw you there last night. I was in the silver 05. Get that 60' down and you will be fine.
your friend told me you went a 12.6 that's pretty damn good.you will have to thank him for me i raced him on my last pass and he let me stage and get my rpm's up before he staged that was nice of him.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Thats cool, the RX-7 right? Yes, i did go 12.66 at 109 my second run. I had a 1.71 60'. I was very pleased with the run. The car felt great. Thanks.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
went today did a little better got the launch down pretty good went a

[email protected]
1.77 60ft

anyone have any tips for a better time i like to get in the 13.3 to 13.2 range im shifting at 6800rpm's

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
What was your 1/8th mile time?

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
my 8th mile was 8.55 and no i did not take the jack and spare tire out i run it like it's from the factory and i am powershifting every gear but fifth i think thats what your calling flat foot shifting

·
IWSTI Club Level 11ty
5,687 Posts
flat foot shifting is keepin the gas pedal floored' regardless of clutch activity goin up through the gears.

pedal to the metal the whole way down the strip. never lifting til' the finish.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
yes that is what im doing i call it power shifting i guess diffrent people have diffrent ways of saying it

1 - 17 of 17 Posts