IW STi Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well I was driving and i started feeling vibration - as if i needed an alignment or something. So I was like hmmm, maybe its the strut bars, maybe I didnt torque the bolts down correctly. The 2 bolts that hold the bar to the ends were really loose, so i was like.. tahts probabbly it or something. then I get the bright idea to check the other bolts (on the tower), go through all 5 of em, before I come to the last one (the one on the right tower , far left back). I turn it... and it keeps turning with 0 resistance so I said.. dang this must have been too loose, turn turn... SNAP :(. So now what , can I just buy a new mount or will I need a whole new strut? Can i possibly drive now? someone help :( I need the car for this weekend.

Robert~

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
http://www.subaruwrxparts.com/per-wrx-suspension.html

will the STI front mounts from here work? are they the same thing I have already? thanks... is there any way I can get a new bolt in there... man I feel like an idiot... tonight really sucks someone please help,

Robert~

also the correct torque for the front and rear strut bars would be good too.

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well i guess its off to the dealership if no one knows...

Robert~

·
Registered
391 Posts
See man all I can say is.....if it aint broke don't fix it. Do you really think the strut bars helped on handling? Or was it in your head. The fact that you installed them gave you a sense of security knowing they were there. The STI does not come with a strut bar because it's chassis is welded in more spots for structural integrity thus the need for no strut bar. Otherwise it would have came with one. Just my 2 pennys

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well I dont hear tire squeak around sharp fast turns anymore so im assuming it did something. Keeps the body roll down as well somewhat. If you dont think it doesnt need it, then dont put it on, but i noticed a difference and maybe thats just me *shrug*

Robert~

1 - 5 of 5 Posts