IW STi Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone notice the huge amount of false threads being started by bots. I mean, there's hundreds of them. And no sign of cleaning out or moderation on them?
Entire sub-forums packed with junk.

·
Administrator
241 Posts
When reporting spam, use the Triangle w/ ! icon in the bottom left of the post itself. As we have tools to mass clean spam, only 1 post by each poster needs to be reported.

Looks like the recent spammer was removed. Let us know if any were missed.

Thanks,
- JB

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
*begins process of reporting more than 8 pages of threads*

No need for that :lol:

I used to be a mod on a Prelude site and whenever we got hit with spam it was only one checkbox we needed to tick to "delete all threads from user", hopefully for our mods' sake it's equally as simple.

·
Super Moderator
8,017 Posts
No need for that :lol:

I used to be a mod on a Prelude site and whenever we got hit with spam it was only one checkbox we needed to tick to "delete all threads from user", hopefully for our mods' sake it's equally as simple.
Usually, yes. But these twats are posting hundreds of threads. Anything over 50 needs to be done through the admin panel.

·
Administrator
241 Posts
Yeah, that 50 post limit can be a bit of a hassle, but it's ultimately there as a bit of a precaution. Member's mass spamming the site need to be hit with the one touch ban and clean option.

Sorry Parker - I'm realizing now that I may have misunderstood one of your questions/comments in a different thread regarding deletion. Sorry for any confusion!

Cheers,

Erik

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.