IW STi Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well the APS 525 FMIC went in yesterday. Fitment was good with the intercooler, but the CAI needs a little rethinking by APS. Getting the cone on the pipe was a joke. The core is awesome! After a hard drive around a industrial area, I jump out a felt the core, warm on one side and absoluley cold on the other. Lag is minimal if any, spool is louder than I had hoped for with the CAI. Looks great, works great, but that CAI needs a little attention from APS. Install was 7 hours with triming the bumper, could have been 6 if the CAI fit like a glove.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,137 Posts
very nice....how much u pay for it?? if i may ask

·
Premium Member
8,137 Posts
:yeahthat:

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
it looks great good job thats the FMIC that i wanna get for my car in time....

·
Premium Member
5,267 Posts
Looks great! I'm still saving up.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I should'nt have to smog for 5 more years. And with all wheel drive, it's not a problem getting your car to pass smog if go to a single roller dyno.

·
Registered
357 Posts
huh?

Trifecta said:
I should'nt have to smog for 5 more years. And with all wheel drive, it's not a problem getting your car to pass smog if go to a single roller dyno.

Really? I did not know that. Hmmm maybe I will really pimp my ride out with engine mods. Myles do you hear that?

·
Registered
550 Posts
wow, friggin sooo good looking. nice man, im very jealous.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Looks good. I thought APS discontiued the red crinke coating a while ago? Did they bring it back? Who did you buy the intercooler from?

Nick

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
It was purchased from South Coast Performance. Ask for Ferdie.

·
Registered
993 Posts
so you have a true CAI with that setup?

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
^^Yes. The APS draws air from the fender well, not the engine bay.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts