IW STi Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it seems like no one, even guru, can find an answer to my EBC problem. I have tried auto... manual... I even found a slightly nicked hose that I fixed and still nothing works. A nice big kick in the ### and a CEL every single freaking time. People posting how they just dial this setting in and every single time perfect boost... I try the same things and I ahve boost cuts and CELs at 14-17 psi. That and I was showing my wrx craved fan on how awsome the STis are and I had a CEL every single time... that and when I launch now the freaking clutch wont catch and will just burn now... *sigh* my dreams are turning into nightmares now and i dont know what todo... and i guess from the 166 views and 0 posts no one else does either :( :cry:

Robert~

·
Registered
241 Posts
Sorry I don't know the whole story, but what happened with your clutch!?!?

As for the EBC, uninstall everything, go back to stock. Then, reinstall everything, following the directions as if it were your first time. I bet it's something simple.

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Zip Tie

Nothing is wrong with the clutch... its just not grabbing like it was... i dun know. I could do it over and over... slight tire spin, super launch, no clutch burn. Now its either serious bog or clutch burn as it wouldnt go either way.

I guess i will try that sometime... I just am really hating this. I cant stand going WOT since EVERY FREAKING TIME I do now its thrown a CEL and such... feels like im ripping my car to shreds... ICant stand WOT now... :( man tonight sucked

Robert~

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I understand what I did with the clutch... it just wasnt working like it usually did and was pissing me off ... and stunk. Im goin to run up to a pro's house tonight and see what he says, back to stock BC for now though.

Robert~

·
Registered
29 Posts
Trunk rattle

Wow that sucks Robert :( I have been following your mods and Im sure you will figure it out and improve so dont get so down.

Are you thinking about trying out an aftermarket clutch?Well, good luck :wink:

Mike

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ya I think I have everything figured out, just need some IC hoses now from perrin and a cat back :) then when the money is good a downpipe. If subaru wont replace the clutch (i think they might) then I will just buy an aftermarket myself... nothing to serious as I still want to be able to launch and all... that and i dont want to lose its daily drivability.

Robert~

also I didnt like kill my clutch... i was just stating I was mad that I couldnt get it to launch like normal... but thatw as just because it was freezing and the tire psi was down, sorry to make it sound like i am destroying my car lol ;)

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
heh its been done by a friend... so I might as well try as well. ;) that is all i will go into it tho.

Robert~

1 - 10 of 10 Posts