Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
UK STi Gold 17 Wheels < Rare

Hi All !

I have seen a few more familiar names posting around here lately..

Glad to see everyone that has joined us ! Remember to pass the word-
the more STi owners we get here the more information and resources
that will be available for all of us to draw on.

In my (short) time here I have found everyone -especially the
moderators- to be extremely helpful and friendly. This is a big change
from the power-hungry-moderator/censor environment of NASIOC.

Welcome again, and enjoy !

Cheers,

Sporty

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
Man, they were ripping you a new one over there. I thought they got way overboard and it was just unnecessary.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hello all :)

Yet another emigre from NASIOC has dropped anchor at the 'New Land'.

Quite possibly Imprezawrxsti.com/postnuke could become a digital Australia populated with criminals & hooligans banished from our former homeland. And everyone knows how much fun Australians are. :p

Thus far I have eight ( 8 ) NASIOC 'bad boy' points but now that I've found a new spot to roost, I may go back and try to push for the full 25 as my own personal act of defiance. :evil:

Hopefully digital banishment & exile won't go on that 'Permanent Record' my mother always alluded to.

Regards,

- Janq

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hey Janq,
Glad you're here. I hope to see Glen here soon also.

How in the hell could you have been 'awarded' 8 'bad boy points' due to your recent post which was totally harmless. Another sign of the moderators from hell exercising their 'power' no doubt.

I just sent this email to Nick about his recent post on closing the STi forum, and to express my frustration of how we've all been treated recently:

Nick,
Thanks for your recent post on the STi forum re: the above. I feel, like others, that if a statement like this from you had been the first indication that the STi forum was being closed, there would be far less people incensed about the way things have been handled, especially by the majority of 'Moderators' who have recently posted in the STi forum.

I, like the vast majority of STi owners who have posted here, did not want the specific STi forum closed since on multiple levels I feel strongly that it is non-intuitive and counter productive to do so. Regardless, I would have stayed around to see how things worked out IF a statement such as yours above had been issued first.
Instead, what has happened? We, meaning recent STi and Subaru owners who found your site and appreciated it greatly, have been demeaned, maligned, patronised and ridiculed by the very people charged with using common sense and decorum in running the board. Yes, I mean the majority of 'Moderators', (excluding Glen), who have been acting WITHOUT moderation. I have become so disgusted with their attitude and recent behaviour, that I am loath to continue frequenting your web-site, and in fact will begin to search elsewhere for my STi information, and vendors selling parts for my car.
A person is judged not just by how much knowledge they possess, but primarily by their actions and attitude. The majority of recent posts by 'moderators' from the non STi forums, have left no doubt in my mind how I'm thought of as a new Subaru and STi owner.

Good luck, and again thanks for taking the time and energy to run this board.
Dave Bishop

·
Registered
129 Posts
I am with Janq from NASIOC. I think this may be my new forum and for those who don't know me I was JDMTEG98 on NASIOC. This forums nice and hope to do some good fouming

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Hyundai drops out of WRC after this season until 2006/2007

Glad to see you guys here......let's hope as this site grows the same doesn't happen.

Imprezawrxsti.com - the friendly Suby Site! ;)

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
change in vin number on new shipment on STi's

Janq said:
Thus far I have eight ( 8 ) NASIOC 'bad boy' points but now that I've found a new spot to roost, I may go back and try to push for the full 25 as my own personal act of defiance......
Hehehe.

I had the same mindset, my friend. Problem was, it was impossible to do
it once they sent me to timeout. I think there is quite a record to beat,
though:

Another STi "friend" of mine had been lurking around and reading before
and finally decided to register the other day and post his feelings (user
ID='1FASTMF'). Well, lets just say it got out of hand quite quickly and
now he is just a memory. I was on last night reading as it unfolded.
Within 1 hour he was banned and an hour after that all traces of him
appear to be gone. All his new threads disappeared as well as his replies
to other people's. Now his user ID doesn't even register as valid.

Seeing this reinforced to me that this is the place to be. That is quite
plainly censorship at the highest level, and has no place -- especially
AFTER the "moderators" explicitly solicit opinions on their new
organization. He started off with some very valid, pointed comments
about the NASIOC forum structure and got points for it. From there it
went all down hill.

I particularly liked his 'embracing change with an STi' thread. I am still
laughing from it.

I have actually been here for a month or so, although doing more
reading than posting.

/Sporty.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
What's up guys! Yeah, I just joined here a few days ago so this is probably my 2nd or 3rd post here. I'm not new to this forum, just a new member. I am FONASIOC(fresh off NASIOC) as well, but I'll still browse and post replies to see what's late and what's great over there...it's still a good forum, just a bit too jumbled for my liking, oh well. Glad to see some familiar names.

-STiLL

·
So Gangster It Hurts
3,521 Posts
Wekkim guys. . . . even though I have yet to pick my STi up (just a few more short weeks) I have found everyone up here very open to each other's comments, largely unbiased when talking about other cars and people. . . and most-importantly, the moderation of this site is VERY friendly and helpful.

Kudos to you all. :D

·
Registered
343 Posts
thebishman said:
Instead, what has happened? We, meaning recent STi and Subaru owners who found your site and appreciated it greatly, have been demeaned, maligned, patronised and ridiculed by the very people charged with using common sense and decorum in running the board. Yes, I mean the majority of 'Moderators', (excluding Glen), who have been acting WITHOUT moderation. I have become so disgusted with their attitude and recent behaviour, that I am loath to continue frequenting your web-site, and in fact will begin to search elsewhere for my STi information, and vendors selling parts for my car.
A person is judged not just by how much knowledge they possess, but primarily by their actions and attitude. The majority of recent posts by 'moderators' from the non STi forums, have left no doubt in my mind how I'm thought of as a new Subaru and STi owner.
Couldn't have said it better. Thanks for sharing with us.

The bullying antics of the Mods and their trigger-happy side-kicks (guys like SubEd) make that place a side-show of an operation—"Hey guys! lets go to OT and rag on the noobs, hehehe". There is only one reason that makes sense to me why some Mods are soooo cranky. The Mods are working for free while the vendor fees pay for Nick's Sti. (Cheap shot I know). But seriously, they are volunteering out of passion...Nick throw those guys a bone.

Since we "Sti" owners are the elitists, snobs, and daddy's money kinda crowd. Let's prove it by donating some cash to this site and help it grow.

·
So Gangster It Hurts
3,521 Posts
agent.STi said:
Since we "Sti" owners are the elitists, snobs, and daddy's money kinda crowd. Let's prove it by donating some cash to this site and help it grow.
Indeed. . . were I not saving for a huge down-payment on mine right now, I would have already sent in a sizeable donation. Expect one from me in the next few weeks. 8)

·
Registered
11 Posts
I lurk quite a bit over on NASIOC under the same user name, but with the forum change its harder to find relevant info, lets hope this thing takes off.

S

·
Registered
759 Posts
Janq said:
Hello all :)

Yet another emigre from NASIOC has dropped anchor at the 'New Land'.

Quite possibly Imprezawrxsti.com/postnuke could become a digital Australia populated with criminals & hooligans banished from our former homeland. And everyone knows how much fun Australians are. :p

Thus far I have eight ( 8 ) NASIOC 'bad boy' points but now that I've found a new spot to roost, I may go back and try to push for the full 25 as my own personal act of defiance. :evil:

Hopefully digital banishment & exile won't go on that 'Permanent Record' my mother always alluded to.

Regards,

- Janq
I loved your post that cost you the points! I wish that I could have replied but the thread was locked down very quick.

Welcome to all the migrators!

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Re: ok.. rear speakers are in

Dear NASIOC...

all your members are belong to us !

:lol:

-Sporty

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
I have to say this- first welcome to all new users. I hope this site is helpful to you, and you enjoy using it. :)

Secondly, I have nothing against the decision that NASIOC made. They are a forum for a wider audience, this site is alot more focused. Please remember that before you start bashing thier decision too much.

I realize that some members over there, some who even happen to be mods, have some kind of attitude towards STi owners/drivers who want thier own forum. It's unfortunate, but they are entitled to thier opinion as we are to ours.

This entire site is focused on the North American STi, and will continue to be focused on the STi. It will also continue to be a friendly place. We are all adults here- and we can make that happen.

Welcome again, and my hope is that you will all become active members of this site. Members are assets to a site such as this and will be treated as such.

·
Registered
542 Posts
:) .. It's good to see a wave of new members aboard. I recognize a few of you from other forums, welcome aboard. Also, the other sites were useful but I have always considered imprezawrxsti.com my official suby site since day one.

Well, I look forward to sharing info with all of you new members. Peace out STI warriors. 8)

·
Registered
38 Posts
heh allot of pro segregation people out there. What’s next... lynching?

Why can’t everyone just get along... going from one place to
Another crying and whining about the other place is immature
and in the end you only look childish.

if you dont like nasioc rules, fine dont go there.
if you dont like this sites rules, dont post here.
if you dont like Jesus, dont go to church.

it's very simple.

·
Registered
343 Posts
jeffreybt said:
heh allot of pro segregation people out there. What’s next... lynching?

Why can’t everyone just get along... going from one place to
Another crying and whining about the other place is immature
and in the end you only look childish.

if you dont like nasioc rules, fine dont go there.
if you dont like this sites rules, dont post here.
if you dont like Jesus, dont go to church.

it's very simple.
Actually, public lynching was a solution in this country's past (been there done that). Since then this country has made some great strides, one of which is the freedom of speech. And I don't think segregation is the issue here as much as representation.

So I openly respect your whining about people whining. I don't like Jesus sometimes but I still go to church.

Sorry for not keeping it simple. But I do agree, lets all move on and talk about cars.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.