IW STi Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello I have a 2018 sti and I’m having a weird problem when I drive the car it smells like colant but both resivors are toped of to the top and there are no leaks ?

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
The coolant should not be topped off all the way to the top. There are min and max marks on the tanks. I would suggest pressure testing the cooling system cold to verify if there are any leaks.

·
Registered
384 Posts
look around for dust buildup or calcification like the buildup your tub can get from hard water...even if the reservoir is at proper level between the fill lines you may still smell coolant when the car is warm...i may suggest smell your way around the engine bay to try to locate where the smell is coming from and look in any area to see if there may be a leak...also check your upper coolant tank to make sure you arent losing water as the external reservoir next to the radiator is not a good indicator of the level of the coolant

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
  1. look around for dust buildup or calcification like the buildup your tub can get from hard water...even if the reservoir is at proper level between the fill lines you may still smell coolant when the car is warm...i may suggest smell your way around the engine bay to try to locate where the smell is coming from and look in any area to see if there may be a leak...also check your upper coolant tank to make sure you arent losing water as the external reservoir next to the radiator is not a good indicator of the level of the coolant

1 - 7 of 7 Posts