IW STi Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hay there guys, I kinda have a weird question about my exhaust; I have a Helix catted downpipe and Perrin Dual Tip Exhaust w/resonator and when I start the car (I have a 2004 WRX), after having it sit for about a couple days to a week in my University's parking garage, the exhaust is not so loud, but after driving it and about 15 to 20 minutes later (when the engine has warmed up some) the exhaust gets progressively louder (its not an annoying loud; it just gets a noticeably beefier). I have consulted some of my Subie buddies and they all say that its impossible for your exhaust to have an inconsistent tone unless there maybe some sort of leak; however, I have checked for leaks underneath my car (when it is was idled and off) and there is nothing leaking. I don't know if there is something that I should worry about or this is normal. I am very sorry if this is a stupid quesion; as it is I paid a lot of money for the whole TBE and I just wanna make sure everything is running properly. If there is an obvious answer to this question and I am just being stupid then I am prepared to recieve the bashing.

P.S. You guys have probably already seen this post on nasioc.com; I figured that I would post it on iwsti.com because you guys are quite knowledgeable and pretty kool with helping people out :).

·
Registered
50 Posts
do you hear any rattleing too? I'd give it a really good look over again. Check every gasket and connection. I think there might be a crack some where or a slightly loose connection some where. IMHO. good luck

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Yup, you'll notice that your senstitivity to your exhaust note will continue to increase. If you have passengers in your car or you have the AC on, your exhaust gets even louder.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts