IW STi Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wouldn't really call it a "problem" because they seem to work just fine, but I've been noticing this the last couple days and wondered if anyone else experiened it...

It only happens when I am braking while in reverse.... when coming to a stop traveling backwards (like backing out of, or into a parking space), my brakes sometimes whistle very loudly. It seems to be more promininent the last couple days here because it's cold.

They make no noise at all while traveling forward, and they work great. This is the only thing that's weird about how they operate.

·
Registered
347 Posts
"search"...

·
Registered
40 Posts
My girlfriend just asked me about the squeeking a bit ago. It only happens when she first starts her car and then backs out of the driveway. She is so concerned that she might take it to the dealership. I mean the squeeking IS really loud. That seems to be a known issue though from what some are saying.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Mine seems to do it only after a film of "rust" forms on the rotors after washing or period of dampness and sitting still ( not very often !)...It goes away almost immediately and is really no problem.

·
Registered
21 Posts
my question is why does this happen on just our cars. or do the evo's(yuck) have the same problems

1 - 8 of 8 Posts