IW STi Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Miked801..they are forged per the Subaru press release. so, light and strong...! :)

alfredo, thanks for the link..excellent posting. I'm always looking for wheel weights since I look form following function.

·
Registered
91 Posts
fyi:
http://www.wheelweights.net/

now that i know that the stock wheels are forged, there's no way in hell i'd swap them. go out and try to find reasonably-priced aftermarket forged wheels. aside from ssr there's nothing... and subarus run an odd lug config iirc, something like 5x100, so that makes it even tougher to find anything decent. i'll prolly get them painted if they're gold though. wht i really like is the wheels on the standard wrx in the 2004 brochure, the rc-type wheels.

·
Registered
3,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mike,
The SSRs aren't totally forged. They are a "semi-forged" construction. It is a process with a copyright they hold. I read something like that. That's why you can get them pretty "cheap." Check out Volk wheels for excellent forged wheels..of course they aren't cheap..more like $500-600 a pop. Another is Prodrive wheels..the GC-07 and GC-06 are my favorites..and are forged, the others like the P1s and P7s are not forged.

·
Registered
91 Posts
yeah i like the ssr's and volks, but not for this car. if i went aftermarket it'd be prodrive, but i can't really dig their limited available sizes. like i said, i'm stoked for the stock wheels if they're forged... from the pics it looks like 18's would be a pain to fit so i don't see any reason to replace the stock wheels... although i might pick up a set of prodrives or bbs' and throw some nokian hakkapeliittas on'em for the snow.
i got the email today with color selections, and i'm hoping i can get silver, otherwise i'll hafta get the stock wheels painted =|

1 - 8 of 8 Posts