IW STi Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was actually just curious, does anyone happen to know the approximate weight of a TMIC? Preferably both stock as well as aftermarket? I should probably just head out to my garage & dig up my stock TMIC to weigh it, but I'm at work right now and wondering if anyone happened to know off hand?

Part of the reason I'm asking is I supposedly have a FMIC that's on it's way, I was originally notified it was 53 lbs, but FedEx tracking says it only weighs 45 lbs... I was thinking that sounded a little light for a FMIC with stainless steel piping, and wondering if I was accidentally shipped a TMIC by mistake? Or would 45 lbs be way too heavy for a TMIC? It seems too heavy, but just wondered if someone could confirm? Thanks in advance!

-Brandon

·
Registered
139 Posts
TMIC doesn't weight that much for sure, don't think an FMIC does either. The weight you are seeing is probably the dimensional weight based on the size of the shipping boxs not the actual weight in pounds.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
TMIC doesn't weight that much for sure, don't think an FMIC does either. The weight you seeing is probably the dimensional weight based on the size of the shipping boxs not the actual weight in pounds.
Ahhh, I see. Thanks for the info.

I'm still curious though, does anyone happen to know TMIC or FMIC weights? I looked in the light weight parts thread and anorexic's thread, but couldn't find them?!?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts