IW STi Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys. I am trying to figure out which will fit 05+ sti's. Called tire rack but they say that they don't know these wheels fitting the sti's at all, but I've seen them fit evos. here are the choices Weds tc005 18x8 42mm or 18x7.5 43mm or 18x7.5 48mm. If any is too close, I can use like a 3mm spacer too as well to clear brembos if necessary. Please give me your input.

·
I Solve Problems
18,253 Posts
I say buy wheels that fit, in the first place, especially for the street.

I'm gonna check something real quick.

·
I Solve Problems
18,253 Posts
weren't these wheels recently replaced?

plus who is to say you'll only need 3mm of spacer to clear?

you can't safely run more than that on stock studs.

and a +39mm offset is terrible, you'll only be able to run a 225.

ok that's my input.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for your input. the 3mm spacer is what i have to play with just incase wheels don't clear calipers. I know that stock is the best to stay with but those wheels are just calling my name. You know how that goes. Those wheels are just what I have to work with and want to know which one will best fit my car keeping in mind of wheel bearings tlc and clearing wheel hub with tires.

·
I Solve Problems
18,253 Posts
why not fall in love with a wheel that fits properly?

good luck finding hub centric 3mm spacers for a MY05+ STi

Non of them are a "Best" fit, they are all incorrect fitment.

·
Premium Member
1,964 Posts
Also, why in the world would you go with a wheel that is 1/2" less wide than the stock wheels? The only 2 wheels that would be close, offset wise, would be the 2 that are 7.5" wide.

·
Registered
891 Posts
T3h_Clap said:
weren't these wheels recently replaced?
Yes, someone mentioned that they were replaced by the TC105N

http://www.weds.co.jp/products/wedssport/tc105n.html

They now offer these in a +49 and Gruppe-s said that they will clear the calipers. You might want to take a look at these.

I was set on a style of wheel but it only came in +42, T3h_Clap made some good comments when I posted ?'s about some of these offsets. I decided that it really is worth going with something that will fit better for daily driving.

edit: and if you really need to go for those wheels, there are people running the weds TC105N +42 and SA70 +42 in 17x8. I actually test fit the SA70 and it cleared the calipers w/o issues, but I would have had a tough time running more than a 225 in the rear. I'm not sure that the TC005 spokes will clear the calipers either.

·
I Solve Problems
18,253 Posts
wundej said:
it really is worth going with something that will fit better for daily driving.
couldn't have said it better myself

<also thanks for the kind comments>

·
I Solve Problems
18,253 Posts
evilSTi7 said:
i dont see anything wrong with the 18x8 +43

except that it doesn't fit? :lol:

·
I Solve Problems
18,253 Posts
evilSTi7 said:
why wouldn't it fit...?
Tire rack says they wont clear the calipers.

·
I Solve Problems
18,253 Posts
STIBLITZ said:
if you can handle +32
this is the shiet

specially made by c-one in japan.

ahaha, why not buy a proper SA70 and paint them?

they are made by weds, for c-one japan.

·
The Hoff Fan Club, member #001
9,936 Posts
T3h_Clap said:
Tire rack says they wont clear the calipers.
gotchya. cause i know someone running 18x8 +35 without any problems (actually he has a ton of room between the caliper and the spokes). i guess its just all about the design.

·
I Solve Problems
18,253 Posts
evilSTi7 said:
gotchya. cause i know someone running 18x8 +35 without any problems (actually he has a ton of room between the caliper and the spokes). i guess its just all about the design.
exactly.

spoke design is the reason a +35mm 17x9 RPF1 wont clear while a 17x9 +47mm CE28N will.

it's not like you're spending 500 bucks for wheels, it makes sense to buy ones that fit the first time.

and 18x8 +35mm is too low an offset IMHO.

·
Registered
800 Posts
T3h_Clap said:
ahaha, why not buy a proper SA70 and paint them?

they are made by weds, for c-one japan.
yeah thats what i meant, specially made for c-one by weds

yeah you can paint them, but i hate adding things thats different from the manufacturer. its like people painting their stocks and polishing the 1/4" edge.

·
The Hoff Fan Club, member #001
9,936 Posts
T3h_Clap said:
exactly.

spoke design is the reason a +35mm 17x9 RPF1 wont clear while a 17x9 +47mm CE28N will.

it's not like you're spending 500 bucks for wheels, it makes sense to buy ones that fit the first time.

and 18x8 +35mm is too low an offset IMHO.

yea its a bit low. its funny you mention the rpf1's cause thats what he's running.

·
I Solve Problems
18,253 Posts
are you sure it's +35mm and not +40mm?

damn it could be +35mm that is scary low!

225s i assume.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts