IW STi Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I have been made more aware of WRX owners having problems with a weak tranny. Granted I am sure a lot of this is people hitting the car hard with high rev shifts and drags, etc. The AWD system cannot handle this abuse very long, BUT.....

What can be done? I mean if I buy an STi what can I do to mod the tranny to make it indestructible? I am thinking cryo treatment, etc, but how much does this cost and how hard is it to remove the tranny and put it back to together?!

·
Registered
3,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
cpdrj,
Well, this is of course heresay since I do not own a WRX myself, but over on www.i-club.com there have been about 25 people who have blown gear teeth in their tranny. Of course I think about 24 of those people have dragged their car at the strip with drag slicks and 5K clutch dumps.

I am just trying to get a feel for this car before I buy....as it is I am already listed to order one, so I will for sure get one..

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.