IW STi Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
Yes, if you like bad journalism. The article spouts off random facts and tries to construct a theory on something or other. No real solutions are givin and no outlining of the real problems occur.

I have no idea what the author’s point was other than "I hate politicians, and fat cats".

·
Registered
526 Posts
I just read the part where the author is Pat Choate who was the running mate with Ross Perot. Understanding who the author is puts this article in context. My criticism still stands thou.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Ok I had my girl friend read the piece and she found it to be comical and amusing. I don’t see it. Maybe I’m just not a fun person. Hmm… :p

·
Premium Member
2,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
darwood said:
Oh never mind my first sentence. It's a little harsh. I'm sorry about that. No offence?
No offense taken, I did not write the article and never said it was well written. I just thought it might make some people think who never really thought about the issue before. It is more of a brief overview of the problem. Like you said, random facts, but they are facts. The point I think is how the politicians and fat cats are more worried about the stock market and only focusing on today, not taking into account the affect it will have on this country down the road.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I really think this is a big problem. Sure, its been happening for years but it is accellerating now. Consider this: I got into IT only 5 years ago, when everyone was saying that we would always be in demand. Now, there is so much immigration and offshoring of programming work that we are all fearing for our jobs - if we still have one.

I think the extremists always present views like this in such a fashion that no one would take them seriously, but that doesn't mean problems don't exist.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts