IW STi Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The 25 production cars will be built at Prodrive’s headquarters in Banbury, UK with the first being delivered to customers later this year.

The P25 will be UK road registered and priced at £460,000 + VAT.

The engine is based on Subaru’s latest 2.5 litre cylinder block, but has been totally re-engineered by Prodrive’s powertrain team with bespoke internal components, including new cylinder liners, pistons, con rods, and a valve train with variable cam timing. There is a Garrett motorsport turbo with a high performance intercooler and airbox and an Akrapovic titanium and stainless steel racing exhaust system.

SPECIFICATION

Engine

2.5 litre 4 cylinder horizontally-opposed ‘boxer’

Variable cam timing

Garrett motorsport turbo with anti-lag

Akrapovic racing exhaust with active silencer by-pass

Power >400 bhp

Torque >600 Nm

Chassis & bodyshell

Subaru Impreza WRX steel monocoque

Carbon fibre: Bonnet, boot, front and rear quarters, roof, front & rear bumper

Impreza WRC rear wing

Transmission

4 wheel drive

Six speed X-shift sequential gearbox with helical gears

Semi-automatic paddle shift gear change

AP Racing twin plate clutch

Active and adjustable electronic centre differential

Plated limited slip differentials front and rear

Suspension

MacPherson strut front and rear

Bilstein two-way adjustable dampers

Upright adjustable for toe and camber

Changeable springs and anti-roll bars

Wheels & Brakes

AP Racing

front: 380 mm vented discs, six piston calipers

rear: 350 mm vented discs, four piston calipers

Bridgestone 8.5 x 19 rims

Bridgestone Potenza 235/35/R19 tyres

Interior

Motec widescreen high definition multi-page driver display

Data logging capability

Full electronic power management system

WRC style fly-off hydraulic handbrake

Optional lightweight racing seat

Optional partial safety cage

Lithium-ion lightweight battery

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
I think its pretty cool that they are going to produce a modernized version of a 22B so to speak. Keep in mind they are going to completely restore, modify and upgrade pretty much everything on a 20+ year old car. The price tag is definitely going to be crazy. This will be like getting a brand new race car, just 25 years later lol.

·
Registered
735 Posts
I think its pretty cool that they are going to produce a modernized version of a 22B so to speak. Keep in mind they are going to completely restore, modify and upgrade pretty much everything on a 20+ year old car. The price tag is definitely going to be crazy. This will be like getting a brand new race car, just 25 years later lol.
There’s a guy in Poland doing that for $50k total. He builds a literal 22b replica the quality is mind blowing
Instagram: Zeton_garaz

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This as close to the WRC cars as you can get for the street, built from the same people that built them for Subaru. It has completely bespoke carbon fiber paneling and roofing, a true sequential box, a full stand alone, etc. I can appreciate that someone can restomod a 22B, but this isn't that.

·
Registered
735 Posts
This as close to the WRC cars as you can get for the street, built from the same people that built them for Subaru. It has completely bespoke carbon fiber paneling and roofing, a true sequential box, a full stand alone, etc. I can appreciate that someone can restomod a 22B, but this isn't that.
He isn’t restomodding a 22B, he’s stripping these cars down to a bare shell and working from the ground up. He’s also good friends with the original Impreza Wrx/sti designer, and from my understanding prepared group N race versions in the 90’s and early 2000’s.
i would argue he’s more hands on skill than the younger guys at prodrive who will build these cars. Also the 22B was a street car from the get go. The 2.2 never raced in rallying. A sti type ra from the 90s is closer to the WRC car than the 22B.

·
Registered
293 Posts
What's up with the 19" wheels and 35 series tires? Seems like an odd choice for this. I think it's awesome they are doing this as it will make some rich dude happy and that's all that matters in life, right?

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
What's up with the 19" wheels and 35 series tires? Seems like an odd choice for this. I think it's awesome they are doing this as it will make some rich dude happy and that's all that matters in life, right?
Most likely a caliper clearance issue. Most Porsche and GTR owners rocking 380mm rotors search hell and high water to find a set of 18" wheels that "might clear". Also this is definitely more of a tarmac oriented car rather than one likely to see dirt roads.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Most likely a caliper clearance issue. Most Porsche and GTR owners rocking 380mm rotors search hell and high water to find a set of 18" wheels that "might clear". Also this is definitely more of a tarmac oriented car rather than one likely to see dirt roads.
Yup. Just read an article on this yesterday where they mentioned wheel size choice was due to caliper clearance.

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Dont get me wrong, im sure for the price there are probably betters cars out there for track duty. However, i dont think its the goal here. I think they (Prodrive) is trying to bring back the glory days and build the "ultimate" Subaru. Just look at the specs of this thing, built engine, large turbo, sequential gear box, carbon fiber body parts, and of course motec ecu and alll that good stuff. There is even an option for a partial role cage. Also in the prodrive article, it said that the car is also going to weigh LESS than 2700lbs. Make no mistake, this thing is going to be a rocket ship.

Imagine someone buys this to daily it 😆

the-prodrive-p25-a-recreation-of-the-iconic-blue-subaru-impreza

·
Premium Member
See about
6,389 Posts
I like the body but

Sky Font Circle Electric blue Darkness

In 2020 this means you still need to build it to uh . . . keep up with the fast traffic . . . heck my my aging 05 might do better . . .

ADDED: The torque is good, so it's "just" top end limited? These days there is no excuse for not building a wider poweband.

·
Registered
515 Posts

·
Premium Member
See about
6,389 Posts
at least you actually get some nice stuff for all that money :) - even though I'm still not happy with the power.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts