IW STi Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been getting water in my oil catch can, Any ideas why?

Haven't been able to cause a vaccum leak, or find one for that matter.

no oil in can only water, about 1 ounce, both times I've emptied it. it has been on the car for about 1 month. :-?

Thanks in advance for any help
Ted

M

·
0 Posts
Not trying to sound rude, but are you sure you connected it to the EGR hose and not say, the heater/coolant line?

But, if your car is running properly, you shouldn't accumulate much oil anyway. But that amount of water sounds way high...

·
Premium Member
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
you don't sound rude.... if it was connected to a coolant line it would always be full... :wink: not sure if all the rain we've had lately has anything to do with it...ie.very humid air going into intake and ending up in the vaccum lines + catch can?????? god/guru/dan any thoughts?

thorn- thanks for checking.....

ted

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
I thought I was seeing things when I looked at mine this past weekend, but mine has water in it also. Water vapor coming out of an area with oil invovled doesn't make me feel warm and fuzzy.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Small amounts (i.e a few ounces) is ok. It depends on humidity levels as well as how far you drive every day. If you drive frequent short trips it builds up condensation and the engine/pcv systewm does not build enough heat to rid itself of condensation. As long as it's clear water/slight oil mix you should be ok. Large quantities I would however be worried.
Shawn

1 - 9 of 9 Posts