IW STi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know if anyone has posted this yet, my buddy sent me a link to ClubB5 that had these pics. All I have to say is DAMN, I may be considering a career move to the CSP! Lucky Vermont will never swing for these rigs.

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
I think this is a fake car. It looks badass, but if you look at the license plates in the three pics, the CSP 007 is too obvious, and the bottom pic has a different license plate. I will check with my state patrol friend and let you all know ;).

M

·
0 Posts
The cops sometime use BMW's here locally, but since the BMW plant is also right here, I think that may have something to do with it, :)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Vail has or had Saabs, Breckenridge had Land Rovers (I think). Of course those are basically American these days

·
Registered
647 Posts
Steele

Thorn said:
Don't try to out run that cop car. I wonder if they added any mods like they do in the Crown Victorias.
All most states do is have them come with a chip that removes limiters and changes shift points, stuff like that. Otherwise nothing is done to them, though I believe they run higher than 87 octane.

RN

·
So Gangster It Hurts
3,521 Posts
Hmmm. . . time to hit up Southwest Public Safety for a light bar. The old police strobes I had on the Civic stayed in the headlights and got traded to another Civic to keep them working. :p

Of course, the only lightbars I'd be permitted to order from SWPS would have anything BUT blue in them. ;)

·
Registered
541 Posts
There are precincts in Australia running WRXs, but I don't think that one's for real.

There's always the highway patrol guys in Z28s. They have those in New Mexico; probably a few other states, too.

·
retired mod
4,012 Posts
Australian police have WRX's, STi's, several australian brand V8 and turbo 6 cyl cars(330-380hp), RX-7's alot of cool cars. marked and unmarked cars, unmarked go around to where all the "hoons" hang out and video everyone racing and doing burnouts, no one thinks nothing when they see an umarked STi, WRX, RX-7 etc sitting there.

Attachments

T

·
0 Posts
I saw mustang cruisers in the States this summer, if I'm not mistaken I believe it was Illinois, or maybe Michingan, I forget.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Connecticut has had several different cars over the years. It started with Buick Grand Nationals, then LX 5.0 notchback mustangs, then late model Z28's. Haven't seen any imports yet, but i wouldn't be surprised given the nasty icey winters we have here. We get ice and slush as much as we get snow. Would only make sense to run something like a WRX.

·
Registered
29 Posts
we have 4 b4c f-body camaros in ct (basically toughened-up z28s). they are pretty sick.

apparently from what i have read (i love looking at cop cars) virginia has the toughest/strictest police force, plus they have something like close to 200 2002! b4c camaros. they are perty sick, and im not sure on a highway i would outrun a ls-1 myself, in much anything.

but if i was on a twisty road and i knew the area well, it would be RALLY AWAY!

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
Sorry, but that state patrol lettering looks photochopped. And where's the lightbar?

I'm not buying it.

And if it really is a cop car, they have horrible taste in graphics.

·
Drive True
6,833 Posts
Maybe you should change the subject to "Watch out in Colorado for the Police especially if you're an NBA star" ;)

1 - 20 of 42 Posts