IW STi Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was driving home today and saw that the windshield was a little spotty - time for washer fluid. Pressed the button .. what the hell? Only the passenger side nozzle was working. So I waited about 5 minutes and tried .. voila, both sides were working again.

Anyone experienced this??

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Mine did the same thing at one time. One thing to check (and I'm planning on doing a write up on this) is the hoses as they go up to the hood....check that the hoses aren't kinked when the hood is shut. The I/C spray and windshield squirters are in a bunch together....check that. I have to get the hood most of the way closed....pull the hoses back and then close the rest of the way to keep the hoses from kinking.

·
So Gangster It Hurts
3,521 Posts
Also check to see that the nozzles themselves are not clogged. One time when I got my car back from detailing there was a little bit of paste wax lodged in one of the nozzles. :)

M

·
0 Posts
heh,

I took out one of my fuses (I thought it was the cigarette lighter fuse) to let my friend borrow for his WRX after he blew his.

A few hours later, I was driving and tried to spray some IC water. Grand result: nothing. I pressed it a couple times, and kept thinking WTF?? 5 minutes later, it occured to me what the problem was, :) Replaced the fuse and voila, scary eh?

·
Drive True
6,833 Posts
Pics of my STi

CloNeGTS said:
SnowbordrWRX said:
I think this thread belongs in Powertrain...moderator...
Windshield spray nozzle problem = Powertrain?????

How does YOUR car get power to the ground?? ;)
Oh my bad...I thought you were talking about the IC waterspray :oops: :lol:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts