IW STi Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
YESSSSSSS FINALLLY, someone using goldtastic!!! These look AMAZING! Im planning on doing my OEM BBS wheels in this exact color in the spring. Did they put a gloss clear coat on these as well?

This pretty much seals the deal for me. Im just waiting for that powder to get back in stock so I can order a swatch.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
YESSSSSSS FINALLLY, someone using goldtastic!!! These look AMAZING! Im planning on doing my OEM BBS wheels in this exact color in the spring. Did they put a gloss clear coat on these as well?

This pretty much seals the deal for me. Im just waiting for that powder to get back in stock so I can order a swatch.
I am glad you like them as much as I do! Oh man, those wheels are going to look sweet with goldtastic! I did get a clear coat on them. I was in the same boat as you. I had to wait for the powder to get back in stock.

When you get your wheels done. I would love to see how they look on your car!

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
I am glad you like them as much as I do! Oh man, those wheels are going to look sweet with goldtastic! I did get a clear coat on them. I was in the same boat as you. I had to wait for the powder to get back in stock.

When you get your wheels done. I would love to see how they look on your car!
Oh believe me sir, I will show them off :cool:. Its surpising how this color has been out of stock for awhile. Its a pretty expensive color when compared to others. Do you have any more shots of these up close? Id love to see how metallic this color is in the light.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh believe me sir, I will show them off :cool:. Its surpising how this color has been out of stock for awhile. Its a pretty expensive color when compared to others. Do you have any more shots of these up close? Id love to see how metallic this color is in the light.
I look forward to seeing those beauties haha. I was surprised too? Are that many people powder coating things in that color? I don't have any more close up shots of it in the light but I will snag some shots in the near future. I will make sure to send them your way!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I tried to take some more shots for you with the flacks. My camera isn't great. I am not sure if this helps you out.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
I tried to take some more shots for you with the flacks. My camera isn't great. I am not sure if this helps you out.
After zooming in, oh yeah those are metallic! After getting my winters wheels done in Silver Flop (prismatic powder) I learned thats its really hard to tell how metallic these kinds of colors are until you really get up close to them. Im sure that goldtastic is absolutley beautiful in the right lighting. Very excited to do my summer wheels in goldtastic.

·
Registered
28 Posts
those look great. Mind if I ask how much it cost to get wheels powder coated?

I almost did the same thing--buying silver raijins and getting them painted--but ended up getting apex ec7 in bronze, 18x9.5, since they were in stock.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
those look great. Mind if I ask how much it cost to get wheels powder coated?

I almost did the same thing--buying silver raijins and getting them painted--but ended up getting apex ec7 in bronze, 18x9.5, since they were in stock.
Thanks! I paid $575 for them to be painted. I live in Austin, TX. I am not sure if that has an effect on the price. The Apex EC7 in Bronze look fantastic too! I was eyeing up them if I was not going to paint my wheels.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts