IW STi Forum banner

121 - 126 of 126 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm currently attempting this install and having bit of trouble. I have the Walbro installed in the top portion of the white fuel assembly thingy. I removed the 5 tabs and two tabs on the pump itself but I'm still having fitment issues. I can only get 2 of the hanger clips to grab and the other 2 just wont reach. How essential is it to have these clipped? Can I rig something up that'll keep the assembly from opening even if the two clips aren't attached?

·
Premium Member
723 Posts
... I have the Walbro installed in the top portion of the white fuel assembly thingy. ... I can only get 2 of the hanger clips to grab and the other 2 just wont reach...
It is tight and can be difficult. Keep working on the fitment till all the clips will grab. I use a Dremel and various other tools. Obviously, you are very close...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just want to get something strait here. If I use 2 o-rings, it should seal up much better? Should I just use one of the Vitron 203's in addition to the OE o-ring? Or just put 2 brand new ones on there?

·
Registered
859 Posts
I'm currently attempting this install and having bit of trouble. I have the Walbro installed in the top portion of the white fuel assembly thingy. I removed the 5 tabs and two tabs on the pump itself but I'm still having fitment issues. I can only get 2 of the hanger clips to grab and the other 2 just wont reach. How essential is it to have these clipped? Can I rig something up that'll keep the assembly from opening even if the two clips aren't attached?
My walbro pump was modded like the one in post 39:

Walbro 255lph Pump for 2008 STi/WRX/LGT

it shaved off a good amount and allowed me to get all tabs closed on the pump without much effort.

Just want to get something strait here. If I use 2 o-rings, it should seal up much better? Should I just use one of the Vitron 203's in addition to the OE o-ring? Or just put 2 brand new ones on there?
I stuck my OE one in and used a Viton 203 to have 2 O-Rings without issues - done the filter twice now.

My biggest PITA is my OCD: "Did i forget to plug something back in?"

Wanna thank whomever it was (maybe youtube?) for the idea of cutting up pieces of plastic bottle to put under the tabs of the housing; made removing that top off a cinch.

·
Registered
934 Posts
what about walbro 400/450 for GRB?
This walbro is too long and fat compare with oem fuel pump
I tried to get this to work, and there was a guide on nasioc to do it, but i had way too much return fuel pressure. Visconti sells a fuel hanger modification that works, but its expensive and to me, not worth it as the radium one is a little bit more and you dont need to hack up your hanger.

I ended up getting a radium fuel hanger and it solved the issue.

121 - 126 of 126 Posts