IW STi Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's the benefits of doing one over the other?

I've opted, at the recommendation of my tuner, to keep my stock injectors and fuel pump, but to add the Walbro 255lph in-line fuel pump.
The options were to get the regualr 255lph fuel pump and to get either Perrin-modified stock injectors, or buy new injectors. The other option was to simply add the in-line fuel pump.

Opinions and comments?

255lph Fuel pump

High-Pressure in-Line fuel pump

·
Premium Member
4,416 Posts
Why go through the trouble of cutting up the stock fuel supply and running new wiring and a relay (if you want to do it properly)? Just replace the stock pump with the Walbro. No stock parts need be harmed in the process. No new wiring need be run. There are 2 great DIY articles here on this board and you can do it yourself. $80 FTW!

t

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
^Thanks.

My next question is would you have to replace the stock injectors or modify them with only a Wally 255lph fuel pump upgrade?

The reason I ask is that new injectors are around $500+. If I were to get a pump and injectors, that's ~$600+.

The in-line pump is around $200 plus the PITA factor.

·
Registered
802 Posts
WhyteSTI said:
Turbo upgrade... see post a couple threads down.
Debating between a EvoIII 16g and a 18g... but leaning towards the FP TD06H/18g.
I'm looking at this path also though I've never heard being able to add an in-line and skip new injectors. I assume there will be higher fuel pressure thus more gas?

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes, that's the idea behind it. You won't need new injectors because the much higher increase in fuel pressure generated by the in-line fuel pump will make up for the lower flow of the stock injectors.
I was told:
- New injectors, 255lph pump - $$$$$
vs.
- 255lph in-line pump - $$

·
Registered
690 Posts
Well if your going big turbo you need to do both new injectors, fuel pump. You just cant add a inline pump and keep the stock injectors its what you call injector duty cycle you will max them out quick .

·
Registered
217 Posts
Not to mention that the stock fuel pump will not be able to keep up with the demand of the new in-line pump. Sounds like a recipe for fuel starvation IMHO.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts