IW STi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After over 2 months my silver/silver STI is in New Jersey waiting on a boat to get here 2 Feb 04. As far as I know it will be the first US Spec STI
in Germany and can't wait. I had to sell my 1998 Integra GSR to get her and haven't done so much as sit in one never mind drive one. Imagine paying 30K for a car and all you've done is read stuff on them, and see pictures. I'll be testing it's sustained Autobahn capabilities as soon as she is broke in and I can't wait. I will love hurting the BMW's and will take it to Nurenberg ring in the spring. I'll post pictures early next month.

·
Registered
271 Posts
STi top end

Wow, let us know. I am so jealous that you get to Autobahn your car. Can I get a ride when I go to Europe in the next year?

·
Registered
271 Posts
I met someone last weekend that was shipping a heavily modified WRX to England for $800, so it cannot be much more, I'd hope for his sake.

·
Registered
24 Posts
er... you mean Nürburgring, don't you?

rheinmainsti said:
After over 2 months my silver/silver STI is in New Jersey waiting on a boat to get here 2 Feb 04. As far as I know it will be the first US Spec STI
in Germany and can't wait. I had to sell my 1998 Integra GSR to get her and haven't done so much as sit in one never mind drive one. Imagine paying 30K for a car and all you've done is read stuff on them, and see pictures. I'll be testing it's sustained Autobahn capabilities as soon as she is broke in and I can't wait. I will love hurting the BMW's and will take it to Nurenberg ring in the spring. I'll post pictures early next month.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well I'm counting the days now till I unleash a US Spec STI on the German Autobahn. I paid 30K for the car delivered to Germany so shipping was free, kind of. I priced it through TRANSCAR for about $675 from Newark NJ to Bermerhaven so it's not too bad. As far as the ring goes they have a few spelling for it so I apologize if I offended anyone. I also plan on taking it to the 24 Hour of Le Mans I've gone several times and I'm sure the STI will get some attention. Does anyone know of a company to remove the top speed governor ? I went to a dealer in Frankfurt and may be able to get colored STI mats, I should know more soon since the cheapest I've found is about a $100 plus shipping from the states or should I say via Canada. The European spec model comes with mats standard. But with the Euro rate the car is over 40K.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The normal Euro spec STI running a 2 liter at about 265 HP is over 35 thousand Euro with todays exchange rate that's well over 40K so a special edition might be like 50K and I'm a enlisted guy in the Air Force so I'm stretching just for the STI, I was looking at a WRX that I was going to mod but thought why should I since I tried to do the same with my Acura Integra GSR. Buy it already good to go.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Try giving this palce a call and see what they have to say. They do a lot of modification on EUDM models.Allrad-Daewel
Für Bitburg wählen Sie 06561-947820
Im Siebenborn 14
D-54294 Trier-Zewen
Telefon: 0651/86503
Handy: 0172/6221641
Fax: 0651/88909

·
Registered
19 Posts
What happens to your warranty? How do you license and title it in there? Does the car have to pass some type of inspection? Do you have to bring it up to european specs, side turn signals etc......?

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
rheinmainsti said:
Imagine paying 30K for a car and all you've done is read stuff on them, and see pictures.
"imagine"? heck, i don't need to imagine. i, and many others here, did exactly that around may and june last year. :) trust me/us, you'll love every mile.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Re: must we wait?

Thanks for the responses. I will check into the tuner in Trier. As far as the warranty goes Subaru has been great and because I'm in the military they will cover the car over here. I think the only problem is going to be, the dealer insists the STI is a 2 liter and the Forester has a 2.5 without turbo. I hope I never have a problem with the engine needless to say. The car will have USA plates that look like German tags but have a USA in small print instead of D for Deutschland. The car doesn't need to be made Euro spec unless I sell it to a German which I may before I leave Germany and make some $$$$.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Good luck. You have got to send pictures of the US Spec STi with German backgrounds...Autobahn, Nurburgring etc!!!!!!

·
Registered
501 Posts
JOHN!!!! I was stationed w/ this fool in Germany. He is going to flip when he gets into his STI. We were both Honda nuts at the time :oops:. We went to LeMans together and had a blast! (except the wallet, eh John). Dude is nuts. Hit me up John.
Peace,
Jeremy

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
What's up ? I pick up a E Class Merc rental (which I will punish) at 1200 today and leave Sunday at 1000 to Bermerhaven, spend the night then drive the STI back monday morning. I know, delay after delay, the shipper didn't include the original Bill of Lading and German customs wouldn't release the car. I found out the European STI mats I have are rare and desirable by STI owners so I canacelled the Canadian mats. Well it's only 3 more sleeps till I punish some BMW's

·
Registered
501 Posts
Take it easy John. Can't wait to hear how much you love it.
Jeremy

1 - 20 of 21 Posts