IW STi Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know what the current wait time on an STi is at Carter or anywhere close to the seattle area?

I'm expecting a large sum of cash to fall into my hands soon....

·
So Gangster It Hurts
3,520 Posts
Indeed. . . Joe is the man. I'm still waiting on mine after 1.5 weeks, mainly because they're installing the options I want at port, and none of the ones I don't want. So it's worth the wait, but still not long at all.

Should be getting the call any day now. :eek:

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Would anyone in the area be willing to take me for a short test-ride?

I certainly wouldn't ask anyone to let me sit on the left side of the car, but I am a bit anxious about things like road noise and ride quality that I would feel a lot more comfortable about if someone could take me around the block once.

·
So Gangster It Hurts
3,520 Posts
Ride quality is better than one would expect. . . given what the car is built for. . . road noise. . . well, they're performance tires, riding on stiffer than normal suspension, and the cockpit is NOT plush. . . . don't expect a quiet ride. . . . then again, you don't have to shout to talk to the person sitting next to you, either.

If I get mine before you do, I would be glad to let you ride along. :)

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't even have the money yet, let alone a deposit down anywhere, so I'll be waiting for you to take delivery on yours. Thanks a lot.

:D

·
Registered
32 Posts
I just picked my STi up yesterday from Chaplin's in Bellevue. I paid $1500 off MSRP after a couple hours of haggling. I bought my first WRX from a guy named Ron Everett at Chaplin's, and have never met a more kind, professional and courteous salesperson. They have three on the ground as we speak.

I wanted white (not a color they had), so they traded with another dealer to get me exactly the car I wanted. Great guys, especially Ron. (425) 641-2002.

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
f1 spoiler

Lately I've been thinking about getting white, and doing the all-white headlights and replacing the tail lights with aftermarket clears w/ red bulbs.

Really clean, bright white cars look really sweet sometimes....

·
Registered
33 Posts
so how did you get yours for at renton if you don't mind me asking. Im getting antsy, Im might have to finally pull the trigger on this, Im tired of waiting for the New Legacy specs to come out.

·
So Gangster It Hurts
3,520 Posts
Imma just keep my STi . . .pay it down as much as possible, and get one of the new Legacy GT wagons come 2006 or so. It'll make a great daily (freeing up the STi for more race applications) and the wagons are great substitutes for huge SUVs. :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts