IW STi Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've recently been making upgrades to my 2016 WRX STI with the new Vermont SportsCar products. VSC Performance brings their rally heritage to the mainstream and it's been great to apply these to my car. There are more videos on the way, but here are the reviews I have completed so far.

·
Registered
292 Posts
I recently discovered this company and was looking at their motor mounts, but after talking with them decided it might be overkill for a daily with excessive NVH.

Thanks for the reviews. Mudflaps look interesting. Not a fan of my Rally Armor rears ripping off practically every winter when parallel parking in deep snow.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have the Pitch Stop and Trans Mount in my STI right now. Just put em on over the weekend. We ran out of time to do the Engine Mounts and I'm honestly thinking of leaving them off given what I understand about the NVH those cause. Other than startup and some low speed transmission whine, the Pitch Stop and the Trans Mount are both working great and I may just keep this setup and sell the Engine Mounts. Another video on those is in the works for those and I'll share it when it's up.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the Pitch Stop and Trans Mount in my STI right now. Just put em on over the weekend. We ran out of time to do the Engine Mounts and I'm honestly thinking of leaving them off given what I understand about the NVH those cause. Other than startup and some low speed transmission whine, the Pitch Stop and the Trans Mount are both working great and I may just keep this setup and sell the Engine Mounts. Another video on those is in the works for those and I'll share it when it's up.
New to this forum but was forwarded your review on the mud flaps - thank you for your support. I'm the Director of the VSC Performance division of Vermont SportsCar and have worked to bring these products to life. It's very rewarding to see them finally out on people's cars.

Note on the engine mounts - the whole package does work best together and in some instances having soft mounts in one location can allow for the entire drivetrain to shake differently causing even more NVH than if you had the whole setup. We noticed this most when the transmission mount was excluded allowing for more "wag" to occur. It might not be as noticeable in your current configuration, but I would still recommend giving the mounts a try before parting with them, they're honestly my favorite piece of the trio.

Again thanks for all of your support - your car is awesome!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Note on the engine mounts - the whole package does work best together and in some instances having soft mounts in one location can allow for the entire drivetrain to shake differently causing even more NVH than if you had the whole setup. We noticed this most when the transmission mount was excluded allowing for more "wag" to occur. It might not be as noticeable in your current configuration, but I would still recommend giving the mounts a try before parting with them, they're honestly my favorite piece of the trio.

Again thanks for all of your support - your car is awesome!
Thank you so much! And give a crisp High Five to Seth Alarie for me when he gets back to the shop. He's a big reason why I even wanted to pursue getting these upgrades in the first place. He mentioned those same things too and... as a result the Engine Mounts are going on the car as we speak. Worst Case scenario I can revert things back if it's too much for my daily-ish use of the car. From a testing point of view, it'll at least be good to have all three products together on the car so I can review them. There isn't much information out there for these so it's been fun to relay what I'm feeling in the videos. I need to do a review on the coolant hoses, too. But I'm chasing a coolant leak currently and it's probably my stock radiator that needs to change. Yay racecar things!

In all seriousness half of the reason I'm into rally and enjoying my car and this community is because of people like you. Subaru Motorsports USA and Vermont SportsCar have been nothing short of spectacular to watch, interact with, and learn from. My heartfelt thanks to you for helping bring these products to market... especially during such a difficult time for sourcing supplies and resources.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts