IW STi Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
Re: DCCD and Understeer

That Neon SRT-4 looks really nice though. SCC had an article on it where they dyno'd one and it produced 223 hp and 259 lb-ft of torque at the wheels, which is more than it is rated at the flywheel. I'd like to see another dyno test to make sure this wasn't a fluke thou.

·
Registered
3,816 Posts
That's a tough one, b/c every single car I have thought about buying is on the list. I think the WRX has a ton of bang-for-the-buck, but so does the SRT-4, Mazdaspeed Protege', and the 350Z.

Yeah, I read the SRT-4 article in SCC. Nice car for the money. I also like the article in SCC for the Protege'. SCC claimed it topped the ITR as the best front-handler.

I voted for the SRT-4..only b/c of the speculated "under 20K" figure. Its got more power than the WRX and protege. The 350Z is nice, but to get the LSD you have to go with one up the base model. Man, that is a tough poll.... :(

·
Registered
281 Posts
I voted for the WRX. The reason I have mine currently is because I couldn't find a better overall car. As many of you know, I am a RWD diehard. However, leaving in the Northeast, I need a practicle car for the "inclement" months. That really leaves FWD, AWD, or 4WD. I already had a 4WD beater, and I can't stand FWD cars, so that limitted me even further. After 2 years, I still feel the WRX is the best bang for the buck.

J.B.
WRXtra

·
Registered
3,816 Posts
Now, if it were my money, I would go with the WRX b/c I don't like FWD cars all that much..unless it at least comes stock with a limited diff...understear SUCKS!

If i recall correctly, it didn't even have a muffler
True, but according to Dodge, the non-prototype model will also not have mufflers..so they say.. :)

·
Registered
541 Posts
darwood said:
That Neon SRT-4 looks really nice though. SCC had an article on it where they dyno'd one and it produced 223 hp and 259 lb-ft of torque at the wheels, which is more than it is rated at the flywheel. I'd like to see another dyno test to make sure this wasn't a fluke thou.
That sure sounds like a case of giving the magazines a "juiced up" version just to get a good review...

·
Registered
866 Posts
My 12/02 issue of R&T has a first drive of the SRT-4. They write the power is 215 bhp @ 5200 rpm and torque is 245 lb.-ft @ between 3200-4200 rpm. It only weighs 2970 lbs.

Took a quick peek at Dodge's website and they also state 215 bhp.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts