IW STi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here is my new tire set-up. Enjoy. :)

18x8.5 44 +offset wrapped in Kumho Ecsta MX 225/40Y/18R.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sorry for the pic. My car is also somewhat dirty as well.

·
retired mod
4,012 Posts
sweet! You have STi pinks too? nice ride height

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks!! I also have something almost similar in drop. Tanabe spring's GF210s.

·
retired mod
4,012 Posts
post another pic when car is all nice and clean... :D

·
Registered
586 Posts
:eek: *boing* *untucks shirt* Wow! Best looking rims I've seen that fit the STi. :D

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Yet another "What's that noise"

Looks sweet, take a close up pic of the wheels at an angle so we can see the lip on them.

I've been looking at getting those or the CE-28N 10 spokes but want a decent lip on them.

No one (vendors) seems to know what fits right.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Thanks fellas for the compliments. :) Ill take some better pics and post once the sun starts shining again in Nor Cal.

wonderin how they would look with black/silver combo::
... Actually, that was my second choice. I had the same size, gunmetal VOLKS waiting for me at another performance tire shop but I decided to stay true to the original color scheme for the WR Blue STi. Also, the gunmetal LE28Ns w/ polished lip look real nice but I wanted a lil more bling bling as I go down the road. :) Lastly, price was $500 each. Not cheap at all but I wanted an original color set-up in the "golds" because I hardly ever see imports sporting that color for a wheel.

How do you like the Kumhos? I've been looking at the same tire, same size for some prodrive rims.
So far, so good. I wanted to get them at 235 width but I was concerned about them rubbing. But right now, things are all good with the 225/40/18 Kumhos. Also, they are about as noisy as our original Bridgestone tires. I got used to the quiet set-up w/ my Yokohama AVS ES100s. Lastly, they actually have a real nice side wall and design. Overall, I really like the tire for price and its potential for some good performance @ the track.

Ps - check out this pic CapaSTi...

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
CloNeGTS said:
Looking sweet man.....

How do you like the Kumhos? I've been looking at the same tire, same size for some prodrive rims.
I had them on my previous car and I was really happy with them. Tons of grip for a great price. They do "lift up" fairly easily in puddles though so be aware of hydroplanning. Wet grip is still very good though.

-st

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
.. well - looks like i found the rims i've been lookin for... could you tell me how much these rims weigh?
... hmmm.. :p I knew you would like them CapaSTi :wink: Those gunmetals are badass!! Beautiful color but they are not "dark" enough for me. I wanted those gunmetals in a darker color. Either way, they would kick booty if a white, silver or black STi was to sport them. They would match way better than my WR blue. Also, from what Ive heard, they are 16 lbs. each.

Ps - Hey Tre, Ill take some good "lip pics" of those rims this Saturday. 8)

1 - 20 of 45 Posts