IW STi Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want Volks and am looking at the ce28 (gold) or le28 (black w/polished lip)...please post pics or comments with either wheel on a black sti or wrx thanks.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Get the golds... that or dark bronze are the best match for your car, and besides, black w/ polished lip is plaaaayed out (and seems to be standard issue on every old man domestic car out there).

-Mike

·
I Solve Problems
18,253 Posts
the LE28Ns are no longer in production.

ever thought of searching?

there are multiple owners on here with that setup.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well a vendor on here has these 2 sets for sale and I am very interested. I was just curious to see what everyone has for opinions.

·
I Solve Problems
18,253 Posts
so search

·
I Solve Problems
18,253 Posts
blk04sti said:
Is it a crime to ask peoples opinions and maybe get some pics that aren't posted? :notsure:
did I say it was a crime?

I'm just telling you that the photos you ask for are already posted.

and what comments are you looking for?

it wont be anything constructive with the amount of info you gave.

I'll gladly comment if you tell us what you're looking for (size/offset) and you suspension setup and your desired wheel size.

but there isn't much point saying "ooh that'll be hot" b/c what's hot to me isn't hot to everyone.

I could go on a rant about how that is true but I'll spare us all.

·
Registered
800 Posts
T3h_Clap said:
did I say it was a crime?

I'm just telling you that the photos you ask for are already posted.

and what comments are you looking for?

it wont be anything constructive with the amount of info you gave.

I'll gladly comment if you tell us what you're looking for (size/offset) and you suspension setup and your desired wheel size.

but there isn't much point saying "ooh that'll be hot" b/c what's hot to me isn't hot to everyone.

I could go on a rant about how that is true but I'll spare us all.
^^^^^^
+9434684316873165735437313

dear god another volk/polished lip thread? please use the search button.
k thnx bye

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks for locking this thread up...do you search for topics to rant about how to use search button? Thanks. Way to keep the site fun...keep looking at new posts so you can keep yelling your favorite word! "SEARCH"

·
I Solve Problems
18,253 Posts
blk04sti said:
thanks for locking this thread up...do you search for topics to rant about how to use search button? Thanks. Way to keep the site fun...keep looking at new posts so you can keep yelling your favorite word! "SEARCH"
Hell no I don't search, for topics to post "search" in.

I sit on this forum and try and help some people when they have real questions.

When I see a topic I personally have helped or directed someone in recently I yell Search, why? b/c I just answered it.

I have an Idea, I'll go somewhere you are and ask you the same question 15 times a week, you think you'd write it down and say here read this? hell yes you would.

and i'm just doing that.

Plus if you notice there was a very well put together post earlier today and it got great replies b/c the OP was willing to post all the neccessary info for us to give him a informative reply.

and this thread is far from "locked"

as i said before I'll gladly comment once you post something worth commenting on.

I mentioned it in my above post, I'll quote it if you like.

and I did say a comment about the LE28Ns but you just look at the negatives.

I'm here to help not just say "search"

but it's impossible to help someone when you don't tell them anything, hell i could say hey those wont fit b/c you're running Alcons and Tein S-Techs but I don't know if that's true so normally I'd save my fingers the effort.

please give us some more info so we can comment!! I want to comment!!

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
look at my sig...and I said a vendor has these wheels for sale on this site...I was pumped up to buy these wheels...now I have a negative vibe about it. I love the "search" mongers. I ask for pics of a black sti or wrx with certain wheels on it and I get a ration about using the search button or "volk/polished lip" thread non sense...Only one set is a polished lip...if everyone would like I can post the thread in the latest wheel forum on these wheels for sale...but you must know where it is because you use the search button so regularly...obviously

·
I Solve Problems
18,253 Posts
blk04sti said:
look at my sig...and I said a vendor has these wheels for sale on this site...I was pumped up to buy these wheels...now I have a negative vibe about it. I love the "search" mongers. I ask for pics of a black sti or wrx with certain wheels on it and I get a ration about using the search button or "volk/polished lip" thread non sense...Only one set is a polished lip...if everyone would like I can post the thread in the latest wheel forum on these wheels for sale...but you must know where it is because you use the search button so regularly...obviously
why am I looking at your sig?

is that a roundabout way of saying you don't have any suspension mods? or saying you never want to do suspension mods?

I don't understand why you need to see a picture of a certain wheel on a certain car? that certain wheel (unless it's the exact wheel size/offset) may look severly different then what you're looking for.

a perfect example is Javid's car 17x10 +35mm 5zigens look 1000x better than the 18x8.5 +48mm's

And if you told us what size you're looking for we'd be able to help you if it is even a good fit for your car. (given your mods and desired use and desired tire size)

I'm not going to go search for some Vendor post just to comment about your thread.

but If you're talking about the GNV thread then I know the sizes, but all you had to do was say it! is it that hard to tell us the vendor?

and if you didn't want to disclose the vendor you could've said the sizes?

hell you could've copied and pasted.

oh well, I'm sure you don't want my help any more but I'm glad to help if you ask any questions.

·
I Solve Problems
18,253 Posts
how does someone saying "search" give you a negative vibe?

noone could convince me not to buy CE28Ns if my mind was set.

NOTE: I said CE28Ns not those LE28Ns (black w/ polished lip FTL!).

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
T3h_Clap said:
why am I looking at your sig?

is that a roundabout way of saying you don't have any suspension mods? or saying you never want to do suspension mods?

I don't understand why you need to see a picture of a certain wheel on a certain car? that certain wheel (unless it's the exact wheel size/offset) may look severly different then what you're looking for.

a perfect example is Javid's car 17x10 +35mm 5zigens look 1000x better than the 18x8.5 +48mm's

And if you told us what size you're looking for we'd be able to help you if it is even a good fit for your car. (given your mods and desired use and desired tire size)

I'm not going to go search for some Vendor post just to comment about your thread.

but If you're talking about the GNV thread then I know the sizes, but all you had to do was say it! is it that hard to tell us the vendor?

and if you didn't want to disclose the vendor you could've said the sizes?

hell you could've copied and pasted.

oh well, I'm sure you don't want my help any more but I'm glad to help if you ask any questions.
perfect, thank you

·
I Solve Problems
18,253 Posts
blk04sti said:
perfect, thank you
doesn't give us much direction.

<maybe he didn't want help after all>

·
I Solve Problems
18,253 Posts
yes those were the ones I mentioned.

what size tires are you thinking of running?

and will these be street only?

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
not sure yet, maybe someone has similar wheels that could recommend a good tire size for summer street driving...I like toyo and BF tires for the most part...but I am open to suggestions.

·
I Solve Problems
18,253 Posts
Well I'm running 18x8.5 +45mm offset which is very similar.

what suspension do you plan on running?

do you want to limit your suspension options due to your wheels or do you want to limit your wheel options due to your suspension?

I know you're stock now but there is no point dropping $2k on wheels to find out they wont work with your suspension you want in 8 months.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
T3h_Clap said:
Well I'm running 18x8.5 +45mm offset which is very similar.

what suspension do you plan on running?

do you want to limit your suspension options due to your wheels or do you want to limit your wheel options due to your suspension?

I know you're stock now but there is no point dropping $2k on wheels to find out they wont work with your suspension you want in 8 months.
Stock is where I plan on staying...from what I've read...daily street driving will serve no benefit from a set of coilovers or suspesion upgrade...especially in the lovely winter wonderland of NH

1 - 20 of 27 Posts