IW STi Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So after much research I can not find a definitive answer to my question. I have an 04 STi, will 18x7.5 Volk TE37 with an offset of +48 clear? Seriously I cant find anyone that knows, half the people I talked to said yes, half said no. Hopefully you guys can help me out.

·
I Solve Problems
18,253 Posts
they will not clear.

currently there are no 18s that fit the MY04 STi (TE37s)

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
7.5 won't fit...8 will fit with 48+ if only it's a 2 piece. one piece(te37,ce28) will need 8.5 and 45+ offset

·
I Solve Problems
18,253 Posts
dlouie87 said:
7.5 won't fit...8 will fit with 48+ if only it's a 2 piece. one piece(te37,ce28) will need 8.5 and 45+ offset
how can you say an 8" +48mm TE37 will fit if it's 2 piece? you know they aren't two piece so why even say it.

and where are you pulling the 8.5 +45mm out of? Rays doesn't make a 8.5" +45mm TE37 or CE28N.

to be exact, the available sizing currently for the TE37 that clears the brembos are as follows

TE37
5x100
17x8 +44

5x114.3
17x8.5 +40*
17x9 +40*
17x9.5 +40*
18x8.5 +40*
18x9 +40*
18x9.5 +40*

Yes there are others that clear the brembos but the offset is soo low that it's pointless.

*all of these sizes may have serious rubbing issues either with the fender (most likely) or the strut. Tire size will be the limiting factor. The 9.5" will not fit under the fenders and may rub against the strut, it is include to simply b/c it clears the calipers and anyone willing to do body work and buy some coilovers that make more clearance (only one that i know of).

CE28Ns are a different beast all together, but this thread is about the TE37s.

·
Registered
8,772 Posts
Amnesiac said:
TE37 is the dream wheel for me though. Your car tries to make me think otherwise though.
lol i was just kidding, i like the TE37 as well and think they would look great on your car! hopefully you can find something that works out.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
T3h_Clap said:
how can you say an 8" +48mm TE37 will fit if it's 2 piece? you know they aren't two piece so why even say it.

and where are you pulling the 8.5 +45mm out of? Rays doesn't make a 8.5" +45mm TE37 or CE28N.

to be exact, the available sizing currently for the TE37 that clears the brembos are as follows

TE37
5x100
17x8 +44

5x114.3
17x8.5 +40*
17x9 +40*
17x9.5 +40*
18x8.5 +40*
18x9 +40*
18x9.5 +40*

Yes there are others that clear the brembos but the offset is soo low that it's pointless.

*all of these sizes may have serious rubbing issues either with the fender (most likely) or the strut. Tire size will be the limiting factor. The 9.5" will not fit under the fenders and may rub against the strut, it is include to simply b/c it clears the calipers and anyone willing to do body work and buy some coilovers that make more clearance (only one that i know of).

CE28Ns are a different beast all together, but this thread is about the TE37s.
The TEs I have on my WRX arwe 17x8.5 +50 and I got them from someone with an '04 Sti. They were on his car so I think that size should be on your list too.

·
I Solve Problems
18,253 Posts
Volk used to have that as an "approved" size but it seems they either stopped making the appropriate "face" for that size/offset, or it is "too close for comfort".

any "new" +50mm TE37s may or may not fit, they are not confirmed to clear the brembos by Rays.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So I have been talking with Caliente Auto about these wheels. They said they would fit the wrx with big brake kits but that it may not clear the front brembos on the STi; however, they said I could use a 5-10mm hub centric spacers on the front and they were positive they would clear. What do you think of this idea? Could this lead to a problem with rubbing? I have pinks + RCE Camber Plates up front. Also what would be a good tire size? The wheels would be 18x7.5. 245/40/18?

·
I Solve Problems
18,253 Posts
Amnesiac said:
So I have been talking with Caliente Auto about these wheels. They said they would fit the wrx with big brake kits but that it may not clear the front brembos on the STi; however, they said I could use a 5-10mm hub centric spacers on the front and they were positive they would clear. What do you think of this idea? Could this lead to a problem with rubbing? I have pinks + RCE Camber Plates up front. Also what would be a good tire size? The wheels would be 18x7.5. 245/40/18?
why do you want this 7.5" crap?

and make sure that you get a spacer that is also hubcentric to the rim not just the hub.

plus anymore than a 3mm spacer you're pushing your luck on stock studs.

Also why are you so hell bent on these wheels?

you'll be much happier with a wheel that fits correctly instead of one that you have "make" fit.

and 245/40 18 is 1" too tall.

if you "have to have" these wheels get a 235/40 18 since they are 7.5".

I really think this is a bad idea/waste of money. I would spend more than $150 a copy for wheels in that size, simply b/c

1.) they are tiny
2.) they don't fit
3.)??
4.) Profit?

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Im just trying to figure out if they would work and work safely. I love the TE's sorry, and I may go with the 17x8s, but I like the look of the 18 inch wheel and Im not really that flustered by the 7.5" width. I would like it wider but these wont be track wheels just nice street/show wheels and for that I dont mind them not being wider than stock. Just asking advice man, not trying to offend you or anything :)
T3h_Clap said:
why do you want this 7.5" crap?

and make sure that you get a spacer that is also hubcentric to the rim not just the hub.

plus anymore than a 3mm spacer you're pushing your luck on stock studs.

Also why are you so hell bent on these wheels?

you'll be much happier with a wheel that fits correctly instead of one that you have "make" fit.

and 245/40 18 is 1" too tall.

if you "have to have" these wheels get a 235/40 18 since they are 7.5".

I really think this is a bad idea/waste of money. I would spend more than $150 a copy for wheels in that size, simply b/c

1.) they are tiny
2.) they don't fit
3.)??
4.) Profit?

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Prodrives are nice no doubt, but I cant put my finger on what I dont like about that wheel. Maybe the spokes are bit slimmer or sculpted a bit more? I like it though, just something iffy about it.
BoostJunkie said:
You could look at the Prodrive GC-06H. It looks very similar to the TE37 and they make it in an 18x8 +43, which fits the 04 STi nicely.

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Amnesiac said:
Thanks man, I really like them a lot but to be honest Im just tired of the gold. :( It just brings attention to an otherwise extremely subtle car :lol:
I didn't catch the sarcasm at first, I had to read it twice.. :lol:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts