IW STi Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
FS in NY: I have recently converted my car back to stock and have been selling off my parts. I have a piggyback ECU -Vishnu XEDE- with the wire-in harness. You can purchase the plug and play harness from Vishnutuning for a minimal fee even though the wiring was not hard for me to do.

(What made me choose this and recommend this over the others was Vishnu's record and commitment to Safety, Drivability and experience when it comes to tuning cars. Shiv - the founder has written many articles and been on tuning challenges for larger companies like GM to Street Tuner Magazine.)

My car was an '04 STi with TSX downpipe, Borla catback exhaust and headers made 313 wheel hp and 328 wheel tq on a dyno when tuned to 93 octane. All stage sub zero, 0, 1 maps can easily be uploaded from their website with 91 octane to 93 octane to race fuel maps. The software can also be downloaded on their site to make it easy for experienced tuners to tweak the maps themselves. I had the ECU customtuned by the founder himself, Shiv, on certain dyno days where he will fly out from CA to different states to tune cars. The ECU is in mint condition. I purchased it new for $950 and am asking $500 shipped. This will work on all '04 and '05 Sti's.

Please e-mail me at [email protected] with questions. Thanks!!!

·
Registered
222 Posts
Those are impressive numbers with the mods you have.

bump

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
FS in NY

Yea, I gained an additional 25hp and 25tq when the base stage 1 map was tuned by Shiv. to get me those numbers. I ran a 12.7 @ 112mph with the base stage 1 map before it was customtuned and that was on some far from perfect launches. I imagine running 12.0-12.6 @ 114-116mph or so... It was tuned at TurboTrix in NJ.

Oh and moderators... I read the rules after posting. Is there a way to change the title of the post so I can add in "FS NY:"?

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
More info and pictures from the Vishnu website:

About XEDE:

Adding the plug-and-play XEDE to any of our power packages not only provides you the ability to custom tune your own car, it also allows to you to toggle between two calibration files. This means that you can upload a standard driving file as well as valet file. Or a drag race file and a road race file. Or a pump gas file and a high octane race gas file. When running 100+ octane race gas, activating the race gas file rewards you with an additional 20-30 wheel horsepower by a simple flip of a switch. The XEDE also additional output drivers for secondary injector control, intercooler water spray, methanol injection, etc.

The popular v340 power package is the first step in our upgrade path. It is ideal for those who demand ease of installation and absolute stealth with a completely stock-like exhaust note. Through careful recalibration of the factory fuel and ignition advance tables, as well as revised rev and boost limits, we’re able to achieve a remarkable dyno-proven 40-45 flywheel horsepower gain on an otherwise stock Subaru Impreza STi. Also, by carefully remapping throttle maps and dynamic boost control parameters, throttle response and low-end torque improve substantially. More importantly, these gains are safe and have proven to be capable of withstanding the rigors of heavy-duty competition use-- something few others can honestly claim.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)

I will also throw in a Perrin Drop in Air Filter!!
A $30 Value
About Perrin Air Filter

Why do all PERRIN™ intakes come with foam filters?
The principle of how foam air filters work is simple:

The PERRIN Performance "Open Cell" polyurethane foam is saturated with specially developed filter oil. This filter oil clings to the strands of the web-like cell structure of the foam. The oil is now suspended directly in the path of the incoming air charge.

As air passes through the filter, dirt particles cling to the oil and remain as the air passes unimpeded into the engine.

The entire volume of the filter is a working surface. As the outer strands become loaded with dirt particles, the inner wetted strands begin trapping dirt, allowing the entire thickness to be utilized. Without the surface loading seen in other filters, foam filters maintain 90% to 100% efficiency even as mileage increases.

When the filter is sufficiently dirty, it can quickly and easily be cleaned, re-oiled, and ready for re-use.

Add horsepower and torque without replacing the entire air box assembly.
The PERRIN Performance dual stage drop in panel filter provides maximum power gains while removing harmful particulates from the air charge.

This is a direct replacement for the factory panel air filter. Comes pre oiled and ready for installation.

It will need to be cleaned since it has been used.
Purchase Filter Cleaning Kit Here!!
http://perrinperformance.com/products/sti/filter_cleaning.htm

·
Registered
11 Posts
So am I looking at those pictures correctly. Can the Xede control the intercooler spray on the STI's? What type of wiring needs to be done to make that happen?

Thanks!

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I wrote you an e-mail. I am honestly not sure. I never used that option. You can try to contact vishnutuning.com and ask them. I know it is not a simple wire in job or I would have done it. Does anyone know tha answer to that one?

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
from the website "additional 20-30 wheel horsepower by a simple flip of a switch. The XEDE also additional output drivers for secondary injector control, intercooler water spray, methanol injection, etc."

Don't know how to hook it up though. I'm sure they will tell you if you give them a call: 1(866) 584-7531 if anyone is interested.

Link w/ more info: http://www.vishnutuning.com/xede_support_sti.htm

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.