IW STi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Info:
As expected, it didn’t take too long for us to be presented with a hot new 300HP Impreza STi. Fast forward a few months and we’re proud to present our STi Stage 1 performance package (see dyno results above). It consists of our very own 3” Turbo-back exhaust and an XEDE engine computer. With the ability to run both pump gas an race gas maps, our Stage 1 STi package will knock your socks off. Priced at $2300, we are confident that you won’t find a better value anywhere else. Please call us at (925) 924-9800 for more details.
http://www.vishnu-performance.com/welcome.htm
There's a dyno graph to, but my Attachments are maxed out. Its in the above link.

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
Is that a catless TBE I wonder? I have to be emissions compliant here. :cry:

Also on nabisco, Shiv claims they've not seen boost creep with their tbe's, I'm not sure how that could be.

If anyone has or gets one of these kits, please... post a detailed review! :D

·
Registered
542 Posts
Sounds tempting but I have already invested alot in my mods. DP, Exhaust, custom catback, Header. Now I am just waiting for the ECUTEK reflash. :) .... I dont know if my mods can compare with their Vishnu's Stage 1 but I wont be to far behind.

·
Registered
759 Posts
maxwolfinger said:
Info:
It consists of our very own 3” Turbo-back exhaust and an XEDE engine computer. With the ability to run both pump gas an race gas maps, our Stage 1 STi package will knock your socks off. Priced at $2300
That is a lot of money for a TBE and Xede. I am having an XEDE installed next week for $845.00. This leaves $1455.00 for a TBE. Ouch.

·
Registered
142 Posts
$2300.00 :roll:

I'm guessing the no boost creep claim is crap. There is a thread where several people mentioned that had boost creep with the TBE but went ignored in the thread by Shiv.

IMO, Vishnu performance has always been a rippoff.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Hummer said:
That is a lot of money for a TBE and Xede.
actually, i was thinking the price was good. ignore the parts and ask yourself if the price is good for a 33% increase in wheel hp? 210 -> 286. seems enormous to me. :shrug: heck, i was planning on spending more on a set of wheels. might have to change my priorities.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
since the boost creep spikes to 18 or 19 PSI, maybe those are the boost levels they are using and have programed out the fuel cut.

·
Registered
759 Posts
price

4MLA1FN said:
actually, i was thinking the price was good. ignore the parts and ask yourself if the price is good for a 33% increase in wheel hp? 210 -> 286. seems enormous to me. :shrug: heck, i was planning on spending more on a set of wheels. might have to change my priorities.
It is a great increase for the price. My TXS TBE was $1050 and the XEDE install is $845.00. $405.00 for other mods is even better.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
hmmmm...VERRRRY tempting. All I would want is the XEDE though. I like TurboXS's turbo back a lot better.

Anything new on the Plug & Play harness version of the XEDE?? I'd be all over a plug and play version. Are they still having major delays with finding a place that has the right adapter?

Thanks,
-Matt

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Anyone have audio clips of their exhaust? I am impressed with the quality and features of their TBE and if it has a nice sound, I think the package is a good one.

A piece of mind would be the ability to go back and ask for a different program with each upgrade you make. To my knowledge, as long as you bought the controller from them, they give you any additional programs you need.....true?

·
Registered
759 Posts
CloNeGTS said:
Anyone have audio clips of their exhaust? I am impressed with the quality and features of their TBE and if it has a nice sound, I think the package is a good one.

A piece of mind would be the ability to go back and ask for a different program with each upgrade you make. To my knowledge, as long as you bought the controller from them, they give you any additional programs you need.....true?
You can download a few maps from the Vishnu site. You{or the installer with a awd dyno hopefully} would have to fine tune the maps to account for your mods.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Would it be smart to use an EBC in conjunction with the XEDE? I am planning to run a full turbo back with ported VF39 wastegate.

-Matt

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
I'm getting my 04 STi in 6-8 weeks.

I love POWER and Vishnu is local to me, but I had a few thoughts:

1. Does the stock clutch can hadle this power upgrade?

2. Emissions pass?

3. Noise pass? (CHP....)

4. Can the stock system components (turbocharger unit) can take all this tuning?

5. Void the warrenty?

$2200....think I'd rather stay with a healthy shot of 300 under-rated horsepower and alot of peace of mind.

What do you guys think?

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
well...i hit 272.4 hp with the mods i have and stock computer and a stock cat-back. Headers,down-pipe,lightweight pulley,scooby mod cai...for ten more hp $2200 seems like alot....i've spent about $1400 for performance mods...all i need is the utec and then a cat back(blitz nur spec r)...and i'll probably get the bigger injectors...i'll be up around 320hp by then....to each his own..peace

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
I'm a bit confused.

The stock horsepower at the crank is 300, so doesn't that mean you have about 260 at the wheels. (14% power loss through the drivetrain)

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
Ok. Well, interestingly enough, a stock 350Z has about 235 at the wheels, yet this car eats a 350Z for lunch. How does it do it? Is it the AWD that makes this car so explosive?

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
AWD grip + similar WHP (that means that the STi has the same HP at the wheels AFTER drivetrain losses) = STi wins.

Of course drivetrain losses are NOT a constant variable. The faster the drivetrain is spinning the more effect it has, which means the loss is less at lower speeds.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts