·
Premium Member
8,137 Posts
nice...

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
I think the 38mm is even louder/more piercing :lol:

What supporting mods do you have, where did you get tuned and what did power did it make?

Nice video, btw :tup:

·
Registered
548 Posts
pt518sti said:

What supporting mods do you have, where did you get tuned and what did power did it make?

My UR t3/t4s kit came with the 38mm....it screams likea banchee....almost too loud...but its sick! i love it:D :D

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
pt518sti said:

My setup:
DBTD06h-20g
tial 44mm dumping to atmosphere (if you couldn't tell from the vid;))
Spearco TMIC
PE850s
walbro 255
UTEC
K&N Typhoon
Perrin Turbo Inlet
Perrin EBCS
stock headers
Invidia DP
Greddy evo2 catback
NGK one-step-colder iridiums
catless...

i know i'm forgetting something...

-Tuned by Clark Turner (AZscoobie over at nabisco) at Pampena Motorsports here on Long Island, NY on 9/29
-Stock STi's put down 235-245whp on this particular dyno.

on pump gas:

and thanks! i figured there weren't too many vids of a 44mm EWG to help people make a decision. Hope this helps...

·
Premium Member
4,120 Posts
that sounds familiar!! :lol:

My Suby NASCAR.....

·
Registered
2019 WRX
4,512 Posts
damn that thing sounds like a beast

how do you like the 20g?

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
Gills, how much boost are you tuned for on your pump map?
Also, I don't know how well the ebcs is working for you, but an ebc, like the avc-r, makes a HUGE difference.

Have you thought of going with either a front mount or doing alky injection on your top mount?
I ended up going with a front mount because I was just too worried about heat soak and leaving power on the table with a TMIC.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
cool vid, thanks for taking the time to share. personally, i love the sound of ewg, even though they are obnoxious!

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
pt518sti said:
Gills, how much boost are you tuned for on your pump map?
Also, I don't know how well the ebcs is working for you, but an ebc, like the avc-r, makes a HUGE difference.

Have you thought of going with either a front mount or doing alky injection on your top mount?
I ended up going with a front mount because I was just too worried about heat soak and leaving power on the table with a TMIC.
the 356whp map is running about 1.45 bar which is approximately 21 psi at 11.2 AFR.

As far as meth, i'm going to pass on that for now. The only thing i'm considering is getting a FMIC down the road. Clark had my car up in the 370whp range on pump gas but he backed off because he didn't want me running that daily with the TMIC although the spearco is a great unit and was easily able to flow it. Just tuning on the dyno doesn't give you nearly the airflow there would be moving at 60+mph and that affects things quite a bit IMO.

I did however thermotec wrap my turbine housing, invidia downpipe, swaintech coated UR uppipe, exhaust manifolds, and turbo heatshield with all other stock heatshields in place and it made a tremendous difference. It's going to take a lot more for me to heatsoak now. My IC is about as cool as it can realisitically be for a TM. Cool to the touch on 70 degree days so far after driving for a good amount of time.

I have UTEC controlling boost in line with the EBCS and it works perfectly. The new UTEC speed density firmware is temperature sensitive so boost self adjusts during temperature changes. I have a map selector switch inside the car with 4 different maps that i can change on the fly.

The map (#1), which i had it on during the runs in the video, was actually my "more conservative 330whp map" as you can see my boost is rock steady at 1.3 bar (about 19psi) on the boost gauge during the second video run.
#2 is my 356whp map and #3 is the 100 octane circa 400whp (according to clark turner. I'm going to verify this next week). #4 is god forbid i need to put 87 octane in.

I'm glad you guys enjoyed it. Spread the link to people who are thinking about going to an EWG. I didn't have much to listen too when i decided. Just word of mouth. I love it though, :tup:

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
burnin4 said:
cool vid, thanks for taking the time to share. personally, i love the sound of ewg, even though they are obnoxious!

burnin, i remember when you had your 20g setup! you and i were exchanging PMs at the time. You've definitely progressed to another level with your setup though, man! Sick ride indeed.

Take it to a road coarse if you haven't yet! ;)

Thanks, and i love the way it's sounding now too :lol:

·
Registered
263 Posts
gills said:
just made a quick vid on my professional pinnacle systems software :rolleyes: :lol:

Good for those who haven't heard but are considering upgrading to an EWG

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0EZ9moc-GA
:eek: that was an amazing video and also an amazing STi you have there.....your car is beautiful and also a hidden beast :cool: lol enojoyed watching this great video and also if you can.....keep us posted with any new mods :lol:....are you a member on LISC?

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
F EVOZ said:
:eek: that was an amazing video and also an amazing STi you have there.....your car is beautiful and also a hidden beast :cool: lol enojoyed watching this great video and also if you can.....keep us posted with any new mods :lol:....are you a member on LISC?
Thanks for the love, man! I enjoy doing things like this. I will certainly keep you posted on what i do in the future. As of now, i might get a FMIC and take off the hood scoop and put on my wingless trunk lid;).

of course i'm a member of LISC! #44 over here ;) I don't really go out to the weekly meets as much as i should though. A few guys know me though. Great club!

It's even more hidden when i swap my trunk lid to the wingless look which i need to do.

this pic is lowered on JDM pink springs. I'm now suspended with KW variant 3's.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Nice job on the vid! Great setup

1 - 20 of 45 Posts