IW STi Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow. First time with my STi at a driving school and I'm VERY impressed. Stock pads kind of suck, RE070's kind of suck (greasy at high temps) but overall I'm super happy with the handling. Coming from a RWD background it was quite a change, but I was also very happy with how neutral the STi was at speed. I noticed a lot of understeer on the street but that was notably absent on track.

And I shot some video, which is Linked Here

·
Registered
347 Posts
nice, and i especially like that last segment, looks like that guy really wanted to get you back!

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Bro...that was so sweet....I can't believe you were able to pass so many of those cars...I personally found the most pleasure out of the Vette waving you on to pass him....that is unbelievable...Congrats are definately in order...but, did you allow one of the pros to drive your car? If so, what was your reaction?...a change of underwear perhaps...ha. Hey, again, thanks for the post.

·
Registered
21 Posts
i just watched the video with my kids we all thought it rocked. i kinda liked the vette waving you by too.

·
Registered
454 Posts
The Vette driver didn't look like he was pushing his car very hard. He was probably afraid he might get it dirty....

A C5 should be able to tear up a STi on the road course, though.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Just watched the video .. indeed, that vette should be faster and was probably take it a bit easy. I love the ending with the Porsche flying off the track (in sync with the music). ha ha .. nice work

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
DrEvyl said:
The Vette driver didn't look like he was pushing his car very hard. He was probably afraid he might get it dirty....

A C5 should be able to tear up a STi on the road course, though.
That particular Vette driver wasn't pushing that hard. However, the STi is more than a match for a basic C5. The Z06's are pretty tough but unless you're on a serious horsepower track the C5 and STi seem pretty evenly matched. Maybe even a slight tip to the Subaru.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts