IW STi Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cannot seem to find the answers.

Top speed;
what is the top speed for the STi; for the speed governed version, and for the non-governed version???

Simple question, huh?

Next;
do Canadian-spec versions have a speed governer, and what is it set to?

Another;
does Subaru publish the governed speed limit - I cannot seem to find anything?

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
the limiter is supposedly set to 158mph. not sure about the canadians. I have seen this published, but it's not widespread.

·
Registered
347 Posts
i coulda sworn it was 147.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Re: does the STi burn oil?

I think that our Canadian version , the speed govorner kicks in at 250km/h, I know that , becasue I took it up to 250km/h, and it won't let me go any further!

and yes, the Canadian version is govorned!

·
Registered
586 Posts
STiObserver said:
I always like driving in km/h... it's so much faster than driving in mph :D
I was just watching the McLaren F1 top speed run. The driver is reading off the speeds and he was going through the banking at "218". Then I started fiddling around with some other stuff on my computer. When I clicked back on the video, the driver was on the straightaway saying "300" "310". :eek: I about crapped myself then I remembered... ;)

·
Registered
316 Posts
take the km/hr x .62 to get mph.
I have only been to 144mph in kansas, but I figure it is more like 140 with the error in the spedometer --Sin52

·
Registered
422 Posts
I've driven past the radar reader boards at 25 mph, not photo radar and the speedo is off about 2 mph. Others have said that our speedo is off about 4 %. 147 mph x 1.04 is 152.88 mph...

·
Registered
963 Posts
Web_Foot_STi said:
I've driven past the radar reader boards at 25 mph, not photo radar and the speedo is off about 2 mph. Others have said that our speedo is off about 4 %. 147 mph x 1.04 is 152.88 mph...
How accurate is the radar reader though?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts