IW STi Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With only $250. :D

I have a 2005 protuned STi....

Current mods are a 3" turboback exhaust, a perrin lwcp and a typhoon.

What the hell could I get? I would prefer go-fast bits but am considering springs or *gulp* a 50/50 BOV.

Any sugestions?

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
Front sway then save and do a rear sway later.

Or

Replica v-limited

In reality it should be something to do with what you use the car for. If you autox or track the car then sways or a trackday. If you drag then I'd suggest something else, maybe a kartboy short shifter. If it's a daily driver then perhaps i'd suggest mudflaps.

Tell us what you want to do with the car in the future/what you do with the car now?

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
As far as performance mods, Its not a big or noticable difference but an oil catch can is like 150ish, colder plugs 40ish, braille battery 150ish, jdm bumper beam....etc.

·
Registered
778 Posts
520hpSTi said:
short shifter.
+1 for the Kartboy lever with TIC bushings. The used to sell a package called the "Super Shifter" but I can't find it on their page.

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
If you already have a protuned STi I would put the $250 into a bank and save up for a major mod. Think of it as the begining of a turbo and front mount fund. Dont waste money on unnecesary parts. Save it for those parts proven to make a large difference.

·
Registered
131 Posts
You could always look into some springs which run from $160-$270, or if you really prefer but i wouldnt you can get a BOV. But if your not in a hurry save up and get something better later on.

·
'do right & fear no one"
8,563 Posts
before you go fast you want to be able to stop and turn. smart people put their money there first.

·
Premium Member
976 Posts
+1 on sway bars:)

After a while in the STI upgrading world, I would say.......suspension > power :)

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
I would definately get some springs. You have enough to get some decent springs already, but if I were you, I would save up $100 and go with the RCE springs.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts