IW STi Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've now had the 2007 LE STi for 2 days; I picked it up with 3 miles on it. When I first drove off (keeping it under 4k RPM), I was actually somewhat disappointed, even though I knew 4k RPM wasn't really letting all the gerbils spin their wheels. I'd test driven a 2005 STi and I remember how RIDICULOUS the acceleration was to me (this is my first car of this caliber). However -- today the car is already quite a bit different. There's a lot more power on the lower end than there was yesterday. (I closed yesterday with about 60 miles on the car, and today I have about 120) It's really interesting to see how much the car changes even this early in the breakin period!
Just thought I'd share my observations -- I do expect continued changes (this isn't my first new car ... In fact, I get that "new car itch" every 30-36 months, and I always act on it :) )
I can't wait until I can open it up! I have another 3k RPM of serious power to explore!

-=| Ben

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
thats kewl i haven't had a new car yet but i will get to experiance that one day. :D

·
Registered
13,608 Posts
Keep breaking it in correctly and it will return the favor.

My 04 just turned 10K miles, and it's a very angry monster.

·
Premium Member
8,137 Posts
welcome

·
Registered
892 Posts
the change is probably more to do with the ECU learning than it is to do with engine break in...

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Honestly, my car broke 10,000 miles several weeks ago and I swear this car has just become faster, meaner and angrier in all kinds of ways.

I was able to control my lead foot for the first 8,000 miles or so but right now she's asking for a lot more.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
10k on an 04 yeah thats crazy! Break in was torture for me, so hang in there! I dont know if your gonna have that new car itch for a looong while........haha.

·
Premium Member
8,137 Posts
welcome:wave:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts