IW STi Forum banner

81 - 100 of 277 Posts

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Re: GTX35 STi Varis Build (FWDSUK)

awesome car my friend. very impressive build. from the numbers i assume this is a gtx3582r and not the 3576?

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #82 (Edited)

Cleo Tuned.

First corrected pull was at 500whp.

This is the uncorrected: 479whp 405lbs

Sorry camera sucks. I dont hit full power untill like 6k..... damn turbo lag.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #85 (Edited)

Wow. Very nice numbers man. How does it feel?
Feels like a rocket ship at like 6-7krpm. lol

Meth drops spool by 400rpms if seen my comparisons :D

Ive seen and cant wait till i have mine done. :D:D Would it be safe to say ill be at like 550whpish with meth?

·
Registered
9,122 Posts

Feels like a rocket ship at like 6-7krpm. lol

Ive seen and cant wait till i have mine done. :D:D Would it be safe to say ill be at like 550whpish with meth?
Yup :tup:

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #90 (Edited)

So im finally back at work and now that i have time to write up my review/first impression, here it goes.

First off i want to say that my build was inspired by USER1029's build. Picked up the car from IAG on June 6th 2014. I live about an hour and a half away from their shop and the drive back home sucked, mostly bumper to bumper traffic. When i got closer to home, i found an opening and down shifted into 2nd (Still in sport mode) floored it and it scared the shit out of my Dad and I. The sounds the car makes is just amazing. The turbo spool, EWG, the ELHs, the backfire.... music to my ears. It really caught me off guard. It was a HUGE step up from my 290whp stage 2 setup. I felt like i had an actual race car for once. Dont get me wrong... Stage 2 setups are fun as hell and i sometimes miss the full boost at 2800rpm but with the new setup..... i cant even explain the rush and adrenaline you get when hitting full boost. IAG truly did an amazing job. :tup: Here are some pictures from my vacation i took.

Here is the Dyno sheet. Cleo tuned. 93 octane 480whp 405lbs at 21pounds

My alignment sheet. To those who going to get butt hurt im sorry.

Heres a few shots friends took.

Yes i get traction. I put 5k miles on these tires before the new setup.

I had to end the vacation right!!

·
Registered
9,122 Posts

So im finally back at work and now that i have time to write up my review/first impression, here it goes.

First off i want to say that my build was inspired by USER1029's build. Picked up the car from IAG on June 6th 2014. I live about an hour and a half away from their shop and the drive back home sucked, mostly bumper to bumper traffic. When i got closer to home, i found an opening and down shifted into 2nd (Still in sport mode) floored it and it scared the shit out of my Dad and I. The sounds the car makes is just amazing. The turbo spool, EWG, the ELHs, the backfire.... music to my ears. It really caught me off guard. It was a HUGE step up from my 290whp stage 2 setup. I felt like i had an actual race car for once. Dont get me wrong... Stage 2 setups are fun as hell and i sometimes miss the full boost at 2800rpm but with the new setup..... i cant even explain the rush and adrenaline you get when hitting full boost. IAG truly did an amazing job. :tup: Here are some pictures from my vacation i took.
I still have to say after driving on their setup for 5 years it is still the best money I've ever spent, it never gets old! With IAG's work, there is no other car out there that can match the level of sheer exhilaration while still retaining the everyday practicality that this car has.

·
Registered
9,122 Posts
Re: IAG Built GTX35 STi Varis Build (FWDSUK)

ughh why didn't I just do the gtx series 35r like you lol ;)
You can send your GT35R to Forced Performance to get the HTA upgrade ($600-$700) ;)

·
Registered
147 Posts

You can send your GT35R to Forced Performance to get the HTA upgrade ($600-$700) ;)
I think going the HTA route is a better option for me. Plus Cleo really spoke highly of the HTA86 :tup: 700 isn't bad for that! I would have thought it was more. Maybe I can spring something over winter. If I remember correctly your comparison between the 35r and HTA was staggering.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #97

Varis prep 2015. This is somewhere in the Pacific Ocean and it will be on my car December or January. Ordering tires and along with a few other goodies for more powa!!!

Kit D :)

·
Registered
9,122 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #99

This is going to look insane! Are you sending it to IAG for the bodywork? :devil:
Thanks! Im getting estimates from body shops in my area. I will probably end up taking it to IAG at the end of the day.

81 - 100 of 277 Posts