IW STi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
I know we got someone from Nanimo... around somewhere :) :lol: DUH, I CAN't remember his name though :lol:

·
Registered
373 Posts
Hello, not from Van (went there for UBC). Now on Van Island. Pleased to meet you.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey, I just bought my black STI on monday. I'm currently living in Langley. Haven't seen any other STI's driving around yet.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Meet & Go-karting

There was another thread like this a few months ago. Always interesting to see where folks are from. I live near Bellingham WA, but I respond to the Canadian threads since I live so close and have friends up there. Besides, I love Bob and Doug Mckenzie, and Red Green. The Red Green show gives you good ideas for car mods.

Jim

T

·
0 Posts
Re: Lowlife No Respect Punk-Kass Motherlover(s) Keyed my STi

Planning on putting some duct tape on the car soon? ;)

·
Registered
134 Posts
Yeah, my buddy at work said we should tape some hockey sticks on the back upside down, then tape the wing on top of those to really get it up in the air. The gull wing door episode is a possibility also.

Jim

·
Registered
185 Posts
I'll have my STi whenever the 2005's roll in. Come out to the Specialty Show 'n' Shine at the end of may in North Van. You'll see all of the other cars in the club there. ;)

Ken

·
Registered
47 Posts
Just got my 2005 Crystal Grey STI on June 8 2004, tarde my 2004 WRX for it.I love this car. Maybe we STI owners in the Lower Mainland & Fraser Valley region should meet once a month to exchange views and just talk shop!

·
Registered
668 Posts
Drove up to Vancouver this weekend from Seattle. About halfway between the border and Vancouver in 99 on friday afternoon and saw a WRB STi and it sounded like it had a muffler.

Also, on Saturday afternoon I was near the Brockhouse and saw a white STi parked in a car port.

Just wondering if it was anyone here.

·
Registered
1 Posts
i'm having a terrible time to find a reputable subaru dealer in greater vancouver. I have make many visit to Docksteader Subaru and Richmond Subaru, trying to test drive the Sti on their lot. i have been told test drive is nonexistance and i have been told the Sticker Price is firm and non-negotiatble. Sticker price on the vehicle is approx $48K includes freight and PDI. :( I need help.. does anyone knw any good dealership out there, willing to negotiate ?

cheers
DUI

·
Registered
185 Posts
Specialty Subaru in North Van. *had* a 2004 for testdriving. Don't know if they've decided to sell it and stop test drives on it. In my opinion they're all trying to reap in on the STi. I haven't heard of anyone that was able to haggle a good deal. They've been out for a while now so it's not like people are itching to get them ASAP and thus have to pay a bit more to get the car now.

·
Registered
4 Posts
DUI said:
i'm having a terrible time to find a reputable subaru dealer in greater vancouver. I have make many visit to Docksteader Subaru and Richmond Subaru, trying to test drive the Sti on their lot. i have been told test drive is nonexistance and i have been told the Sticker Price is firm and non-negotiatble. Sticker price on the vehicle is approx $48K includes freight and PDI. :( I need help.. does anyone knw any good dealership out there, willing to negotiate ?

cheers
DUI
Don't know if you had any luck yet, my visits to Docksteader :eek: and Richmond :x almost put me right off Subaru altogether. Followed up on a rec for family-owned Saunders in Colwood (near Victoria). Although I had to ferry over, I saved big time, had excellent service and a great experience all-round. I highly recommend them. Lou Timermanis was the salesman 1-888-898-9911. If you call, tell him Tracy REALLY LOVES her '05 Crystal Grey!!

·
Registered
510 Posts
just curious, ever notice the people that make the most noise about not being able to test drive are the ones that insist they will only accept deliverty of their new car if it has only 2km's on it?

People should have a little understanding of what is happening. Dealerships only get a few STi's. If they put more then 113kms on it, they have to sell it as a used car. That means they loose money. Dealerships are not in the business to loose money, why should they be. People need to remember that the dealership is a franchise, just like Tim Horton's or McDonalds. THey have guidelines to follow but they have flexibility to do what they want with car sales. Be honest, would you buy an STi that had 10 test pilots driving the piss tanks out of it while it was brand new? Would you? didn't think so. If the reports that people write here aren't enough to give you confidence to buy, then simply don't buy it.

mk

1 - 20 of 22 Posts