IW STi Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Picked the car up on 7 September of 2010, easily the best STi I've ever owned and right now my end goal is a 425whp beast with a built motor and some other goodies!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, to get everyone up to speed on what I've done thus far:

20% tint
Invidia N1Race CBE
Agency Power DP (catless)
***800 dollar TBE for those who think they have to spend a lot...wrong

TWM shifter/weighted shift knob (worth the 250 dollars all day long)
Factory Short Throw

MTX-L Innovate Wideband
STRI Boost Guage

SPT Strut Tower/Lower Chassis Braces (again, worth every penny)
GrimmSpeed 3 port EBCS
Opensource tune running at 21.44psi, max boost at 3000rpms:tup:
...not performance related whatsoever but a sweet clear bra too!

Audiophile Stuff:
Alpine Deck, Type R Components in the Front, Coax's in the rear, and a 200watt 4channel amp to help push some nice loud tunes :D

almost forgot about the Hella Supertones!

·
Registered
235 Posts
Love it man! Good seeing you again this past weekend.... I can personally say this car is crazy fast compared to a stock '11. Can't wait to see where you take it, especially once she's gone rotated

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

just some little pulls...nothing major as I was on public roads...hahaha...:wave:

...even includes SPECIAL COMMENTARY about my new Strut Tower and Lower Chassis braces!!!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Man oh Man I have not kept up with this very well.......

Grimmspeed AOS
Perrin FMIC (within the week) with blow through oversized MAF!
Powder Coat the wheels (this weekend!)
Agency Power DP
Invidia N1Race CBE
Perrin DLS and SLS
Whiteline forward rear diff bushings
Torque Solution Tranny and Pitch Stop mounts
Whiteline Tranny support member bushings
Whiteline Steering rack bushings (highly recommend!)
TurboXS BPV (won't matter when I go blow-thru lol
Perrin CAI
SPT Chassis Brace
SPT Strut Tower Brace
Grimmspeed 3port EBCS
Audio Mods (just a clean Alpine set-up)
15% Tint
TWM Short Throw (with Subaru short throw linkage=very short shifts!)
TWM weighted Abrams shift knob
STRI Boost Gauge 30psi
Innovate MTX-L AFR gauge
Stoptech stainless steel brake lines

Open Sourced by DKgoodrich.com @22 psi (ran out of IDC)

...I've probably forgotten something here, pics next week!

future mods: (all before xmas time hopefully)

KillerB Headers/Uppipe, Oil Pickup, Oil Pan Baffle
ATP GTX3076R EWG 44mm Turbo
grimmspeed PnP Throttle Body
grimmspeed TGV deletes
Ported Intake Manifold (possibly...I'm excited about the APS intake mani tho)
Perrin Fuel Rails
DW 1000cc Injectors
DW 300LPH pump
Phenolic spacers (might as well with the fuel mods right?!?!?)
3" Turbo Inlet (brand undecided)
Cobb AP (per guidance by Forged Performance) *pro-tuned of course
...shooting for 380whp on this setup, only restricted by the stock block and I don't want to take too big of a risk!

other upgrades probable before summer of 2012:

BC ER coilovers
TE37's 10" wide probably...255 or 65 series tires
Whiteline Sways and Endlinks F/R ...nothing super aggressive
maybe Rear Sway Bar...maybe some other chassis stiffening or control arms
Whiteline Roll Center kit

Motor rebuild sometime in 2012 or early 2013...

too many unworked details but will be mildly cammed, full head work oversized valves, CP pistons, Cosworth Rods/Bearings, 11mm oil pump, HKS timing belt, Cosworth guides...some serious springs/retainers, micropolished and balanced stock crank...looking to spin this thing to about 8500rpm's (reliably...) engine builder I'm going to be working with would tell you 9000+ rpm's no problem.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Gary,

You end up doing the turbo upgrade? This is Brian, I met you at EP Tom Sawyer meet last year when me, you, and John had all just taken delivery of our cars.
Well, I'm on a built motor now. Car has been to Cobb in Texas and Topspeed in Altlanta. 20gxt turbo on E85 putting out 400whp and feels great. Got sways, etc.
Modlist for days like most Sti's. It's been a fun ride! Oh well, I just wanted to track you down and get an update on your build! I hope you are well!

·
Registered
222 Posts
Also, just fyi i cracked #4 ring on 375whp Cobb Plano TX tuned etc.

Man oh Man I have not kept up with this very well.......

Grimmspeed AOS
Perrin FMIC (within the week) with blow through oversized MAF!
Powder Coat the wheels (this weekend!)
Agency Power DP
Invidia N1Race CBE
Perrin DLS and SLS
Whiteline forward rear diff bushings
Torque Solution Tranny and Pitch Stop mounts
Whiteline Tranny support member bushings
Whiteline Steering rack bushings (highly recommend!)
TurboXS BPV (won't matter when I go blow-thru lol
Perrin CAI
SPT Chassis Brace
SPT Strut Tower Brace
Grimmspeed 3port EBCS
Audio Mods (just a clean Alpine set-up)
15% Tint
TWM Short Throw (with Subaru short throw linkage=very short shifts!)
TWM weighted Abrams shift knob
STRI Boost Gauge 30psi
Innovate MTX-L AFR gauge
Stoptech stainless steel brake lines

Open Sourced by DKgoodrich.com @22 psi (ran out of IDC)

...I've probably forgotten something here, pics next week!

future mods: (all before xmas time hopefully)

KillerB Headers/Uppipe, Oil Pickup, Oil Pan Baffle
ATP GTX3076R EWG 44mm Turbo
grimmspeed PnP Throttle Body
grimmspeed TGV deletes
Ported Intake Manifold (possibly...I'm excited about the APS intake mani tho)
Perrin Fuel Rails
DW 1000cc Injectors
DW 300LPH pump
Phenolic spacers (might as well with the fuel mods right?!?!?)
3" Turbo Inlet (brand undecided)
Cobb AP (per guidance by Forged Performance) *pro-tuned of course
...shooting for 380whp on this setup, only restricted by the stock block and I don't want to take too big of a risk!

other upgrades probable before summer of 2012:

BC ER coilovers
TE37's 10" wide probably...255 or 65 series tires
Whiteline Sways and Endlinks F/R ...nothing super aggressive
maybe Rear Sway Bar...maybe some other chassis stiffening or control arms
Whiteline Roll Center kit

Motor rebuild sometime in 2012 or early 2013...

too many unworked details but will be mildly cammed, full head work oversized valves, CP pistons, Cosworth Rods/Bearings, 11mm oil pump, HKS timing belt, Cosworth guides...some serious springs/retainers, micropolished and balanced stock crank...looking to spin this thing to about 8500rpm's (reliably...) engine builder I'm going to be working with would tell you 9000+ rpm's no problem.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Gary,

You end up doing the turbo upgrade? This is Brian, I met you at EP Tom Sawyer meet last year when me, you, and John had all just taken delivery of our cars.
Well, I'm on a built motor now. Car has been to Cobb in Texas and Topspeed in Altlanta. 20gxt turbo on E85 putting out 400whp and feels great. Got sways, etc.
Modlist for days like most Sti's. It's been a fun ride! Oh well, I just wanted to track you down and get an update on your build! I hope you are well!
I see you've been tuning through topspeed...good choice! I've had a few bumps in the road (not with the car though!) and am in the process of doing a stock location build now... I'm going to shoot for around 400whp on e85 and I'll also wind up with a 93tune just in case. I will probably do a MAP tune as the Cobb AP's support it now and it's a solid and safe tuning solution. What kind of fuel system were you running when you popped that piston? I'm hoping you weren't on the stock fuel rails because I've always been a hater of sequential fueling. I'm actually about to drop a DW 65C pump in the car and do some spark plugs this weekend. Be on the lookout for this next phase to be complete by August...oh, and I move to CO this coming fall (hopefully) :)

...I'm going with stock location simply because I'm going to build this up as a road course and streetable car...no more need for room to grow as far as doing a 35 or larger turbo down the road :) how's your car been running?

·
Registered
222 Posts
Yo! Well, unfortunately i was stock fuel rails when this happened. Still Am today. I have an aftermarket Fuel Pressure Regulator Aeromotive, Aeromotive 340 pump after my Walbro 255 failed. the Walbro may have been at fault. I'm about to drop an EL header in for added safety on the block. Yeah, it will change the sound but I like the benefits the EL header will provide. I'm debating on switching the turbo to DOM 1.5 xtr. I highly suggest this one for you! On E85 you will push about 440whp on E85 and near 400 on 93! Topspeeds project car doing this with stock CAI and intercooler, but Invidia EL header is in the equation. You are all over the place! your car looks great. Chime in and let us know what you end up doing! best of luck!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, MAJOR changes to my plans for the 11 STi...here's a pic of the most recent mod :)

deleted the chrome under the windows!

Doing a Prova D-shape wheel hopefully will arrive by Saturday if not Monday.

So, the huge huge changes. Decided that Forged will do any labor that I'm too lazy to do and also tune the car (it will get an e85 and a 93 tune)

I'm going to do a rotated kit after all, AMS 750r :rolleyes:
Equal length headers have always been a plan but will do AMR equal length because of the 2 bolt uppipe with the AMS kit
Fuel system will probably be a DW300LPH (even though I've recently put a 65C on the car, very easy install by the way just use two o-rings on the pump outlet!) along with the in tank pump I will be rocking a Bosch inline pump to maintain pressure on the fuel rails (Perrin)
TGV deletes, phenolic spacers....oh yea, have to grab an AMS intercooler so be on the look out for a Perrin front mount for sale even though I do have a potential buyer.
Suspension will be Cusco coilovers, Perrin Sways/endlinks 22mm front/20mm rear, lowered center of gravity kit and some other goodies...to include chassis bracing (some day I'd like to do a simple cage)

I'm still rocking the catless DP and that will continue with the 750r kit, the Invidia N1Race has yet to annoy me...and too bad for the other people on the road...like a Harley I like to make my whereabouts known! My plans are a little drawn out right now but on just the turbo kit, oh, OS Giken twin plate clutch and some other goodies too...on that I will tune to about 365-370whp on 93 and maybe push an e85 tune upwards of 390whp on the stock block...still no oil being burned on a 23 psi tune on the stock VF!!! Did my spark plugs about a month ago...word to the wise (if your car is tuned and runs a bit rich or safe) change the plugs every 20k miles, I changed mine at 26400 miles and they were trashed badly...really really fouled. I run stock range iridiums still and gap them at about .027"

Well, I'll try to do a better job keeping this updated especially once I do some exciting stuff to the car! Hope everyone has been doing great along with the Cars!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ETS GTX3076 coming soon!

Well,

I guess I've taken more time than I wanted to building this thing but the ETS rotated kit will be on in less than a month with some fuel mods, Perrin Equal Lengths, and a few other goodies...still stock block and we're thinking of pushing a high boost (for stock block) tune of 400whp and then a more relaxed 350whp tune as well...for now. I'm due to do a tour in Korea for a year and shortly following that the TSM RR1 with minor head work and cams will go in...at that point we'll make 450whp quite easily and looking to possibly squeeze around 550whp out of her on a high octane race fuel...maybe the new unleaded 118 octane from shell. The OSGiken clutch is not for the faint of heart but the TR2CD is definitely streetable so far. Koyo Radiator has gone in, a new power steering rack (developed a leak, failed seal near where the steering column shaft meets the rack), and also doing my own power steering cooling solution, I'll post pictures once it's on the car... Just keeping my fingers crossed that the stock block (at 53k miles) will hold 400whp :) I'm pretty certain I wouldn't dare run it beyond 375whp if the cold weather was still around.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts