IW STi Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
dealers selling for INVOICE or better

will the utec fix all the problems ive been reading on how if you put tbe on you may experiance boost creep and also if you put on a short ram intake it can lean out the engine.

also will the perrin dp mate up with the asp 3.5 cat back?

any input would be great.

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
will the utec fix all the problems ive been reading on how if you put tbe on you may experiance boost creep and also if you put on a short ram intake it can lean out the engine.

also will the perrin dp mate up with the asp 3.5 cat back?

any input would be great

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Utec wont affect boost creep I dont believe (I dont know how well their ABC boost controller is though, you might need a high quality EBC to fight the problem of boost creep or port your waste gate :( ). Yes its a full engine management ECU/computer so you can change/alter anything (timing, fuel, etc) so anything changed by intake, exhaust, etc can be altered to run perfectly.

As for the perrin, probably (actuall i think definitely) not. As the perrin DP mates to the stock cat back... The random technology 3" downpipe wont even fit stock and is even a little bigger then the end of the blitz cat back (just because the blitz is made to fit the stock dp and the RT downpipe is made to fit their 3" catback only... so the flange on the RT is bigger). Why RT you ask? Because of their catalyst design... basically a full free flow cat :) (basically a cleaning straight pipe) which sounds very interesting. So I will see how this goes.

Robert~

1 - 2 of 2 Posts