IW STi Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
MA3 here in Gitmo, I have my 06 sti wit 497 miles stored in Ga at my pops house while i'm down here for 1 year. In three months i pick orders and i still have to rotate to another overseas billet. Where would you guys recommend me going WITH my car. I did not bring it with me becuz gitmo only has 89 octane and so much damn sand is here.. I was thinkin Rota, Spain but don't know. Where have you been that is good for my car, BESIDES Japan.. thanks guys
MA3

· Registered
2,287 Posts
Italy FTW.

If you are allowed...what do you do for the USN. Then we can figure out a better place. Besides the detailer doesn't always do what you want.

· Registered
1,381 Posts
ouch.. personally, i would sell the car and get a new one when you come back to the states but if you HAVE to, i would get orders to iceland or something.. I heard ROTA was good but I thought they closed it down... no? former AD2 here :)

· Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
im not gonna sell the car. i purchased it aug 8th 06..lol..im gonna keep it a while becuz the wife wants a house and i found out i might be going to Portsmouth VA next..so we'll see..hopefully. thanks guys

· Premium Member
711 Posts
It's nice open country around Rota. You can drive down to Gibralter. Personally, if you're talking about a 2 year tour, I would put it in storage. I wouldn't trust the military-contracted (ie lowest cost) movers to ship it back and forth across the pond.

· Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wi77iam, i hear you about shipping it.. they dont care about the car... Thats why i am hoping to get Portsmouth.,. But, I hear they hate military there and they stop any subaru possible..lol. especially military subaru's

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.