IW STi Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Probably a dumb ?, but I figured I ask first before I tear my 06 STI apart & find out Im screwed. The manuals w/the TBE say 2002+ WRX/STI. The Cobb site says 04-06 STI for TBE & DP. The Cat DP is #512202 & the CBE is 512100. I checked the Cobb site and they showed no part #s. Anyone run into this & know whats up. Did Cobb just not update the manuals or do I have the wrong set-up? If anyone knows plz post, I don't want to tear apart my car & find out then. BTW are you guys pulling out the TMIC for the DP install or getting it done w/it in place?
THX again!

·
Registered
898 Posts
highwayman said:
The Cat DP is #512202 & the CBE is 512100. BTW are you guys pulling out the TMIC for the DP install or getting it done w/it in place?
THX again!
Yes you are good to go. I just checked my Cobb numbers and they match what you have.

Also, you do not need to remove the TMIC

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thx you guys rock! Looks like I'll be stage 2 by noon! So general consensus is spend 10 min to remove TMIC or spend 30 min fighting w/ stuff around it.

THX gain!

·
Registered
65 Posts
It doesn't take nearly ten minutes to take the tmic off. Just a couple of bolts, clamps, and hoses and it pops right off. Good luck and enjoy!

·
Premium Member
5,267 Posts
SoaReS said:
And the heatshield is PITA! :lol:
Agreed, that was the largest time consuming task of the install for me.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thx for the replys guys. I actually did the whole job in about 3 hrs this morning & didn't pull the TMIC. A very straightforward job & kudos to Cobb for a quality product. After being a Master Tech for 14 + years I usually stayed away from aftermarket stuff. The majority of aftermarket stuff is junk. Everything fit perfect, lined up & didnt make me cuss! The Cobb shield looks nice & went on easy. I'm on the stage 2 Ca map & did notice boost will peak a little over 18 PSI & quickly calm down to around 17.5 PSI. Anyone know boost specs on stage 2. Im wondering if I need to load the stage 2 LWG map, but not sure. What do the guys in the know think? Thx & she runs great!

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Darkiller said:
u are fine keep it how it is
Thx I wanted to be sure it wasn't something to worry about hurting something inside the motor. Do you know the suggested boost specs for AP stage 2?

·
Premium Member
5,267 Posts
highwayman said:
Thx I wanted to be sure it wasn't something to worry about hurting something inside the motor. Do you know the suggested boost specs for AP stage 2?
17.5 +- .05.

·
Registered
314 Posts
nandanrp said:
My TMIC was off already for my oil pressure sensor install, and it made it a lot easier to get at the heatshield and the studs.
Did you have to trim your heatshield for this? I was reading on COBB's site that it is a direct bolt on. Also, COBB sells heatshield but they say its for other aftermarket DBs so I'm assuming that COBB TBE just goes right on with no trimming required?

Thanks.

·
Registered
314 Posts
highwayman said:
Thx for the replys guys. I actually did the whole job in about 3 hrs this morning & didn't pull the TMIC. A very straightforward job & kudos to Cobb for a quality product. After being a Master Tech for 14 + years I usually stayed away from aftermarket stuff. The majority of aftermarket stuff is junk. Everything fit perfect, lined up & didnt make me cuss! The Cobb shield looks nice & went on easy. I'm on the stage 2 Ca map & did notice boost will peak a little over 18 PSI & quickly calm down to around 17.5 PSI. Anyone know boost specs on stage 2. Im wondering if I need to load the stage 2 LWG map, but not sure. What do the guys in the know think? Thx & she runs great!

Check out the map notes on COBB's site for your stage and octane: http://www.cobbtuning.com/sti/accessport/

BTW, are you in Cali? Let us know how off-the-shelf maps work out for you. Thanks.

·
Registered
314 Posts
highwayman said:

Check out "map notes" on COBB's site for your specific setup.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
0bluesti4 said:
Check out the map notes on COBB's site for your stage and octane: http://www.cobbtuning.com/sti/accessport/

BTW, are you in Cali? Let us know how off-the-shelf maps work out for you. Thanks.
Yeah, I tried that first but when I opened the file for map notes on my PC I just got symbols & jibberish, something is lost in translation. So far so good. When I was Stage 1 91 octane map I had pinging issues & immediately swapped to Cali stage 1 91 octane map & all was well. I didn't take a chance on stage 2 & went w/the Cali 91 octane map first & no issues w/pinging so far. Runs great, but I plan on getting a pro-tune not necessarily for more power (nice dont get me wrong) but for safety issues w/motor. Once again thx for a great product & plan on some Cobb swaybars very soon.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
0bluesti4 said:
Just noticed your sig says you are stage 1. How does that feel? Did you notice substantial gains? Was it worth the $600+ for stage 1?
Stage 1 alone is worth the money for the AP. More power, but better yet better driveability! Stage 1 AP feels how the car should have come from the factory. Go w/AP stage 1 & GP elbow for the snorkus delete.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
nhluhr said:
IC comes off in under 1 minute for me :) Goes back on in less than 2 minutes.

This is using air, of course. Using hand tools, basically double the time.
Yeah looked quick to R&R, but after looking at the nuts & bolts to remove I figured why? I mainly didn't want to booger w/the painted factory marks on the IC bolts & have Subaru start asking questions if warranty stuff arises, but w/a stock DP on.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts