IW STi Forum banner

281 - 290 of 290 Posts

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
I ran a 2.5xtr at 24.9 psi on a stock block with meth and 93 for 7 months (10k miles). It finally stretched a head stud and needs a forged block. Was making 383hp 412tq on efis dyno
That's interesting, I thought it would have taken a lot more than that to lift a head.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
1.5xtr on stock block with supporting mods. Driven it about 8k with zero problems and I have 128k miles total. I've auto-x'd it 3 times with two drivers each event. Oh and I've overboosted (above 25 psi LOL) a couple times due to a vac line popping off the EBCS

·
Registered
479 Posts
That's interesting, I thought it would have taken a lot more than that to lift a head.
You and me both... :rolleyes:

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
4 Posts
I want to get a head count on how many people are running an upgraded turbo on stock internals without any serious problems. Not including the supporting mods for them, such as FMIC, fuel pump, injectors, etc. Also, how many miles have you driven with the upgraded turbo and do you drive aggressively or conservatively? Do you track/autox the car? What turbo are you running? Sorry if this is in the wrong thread, if so then could you move it to the correct one.
I have a 2005 STi with a MHI TD05H-20G, 4.5" TMIC, Full exhaust (Headers, 2.25-2.5" Up-pipe, Bellmouth D.P. catless 3", Mid-pipe 3, and 3.5" outlet muffler.
But, I did run a 18G on it before the Cobb and Other Stuff with no problems- no codes. I believe the ECU and Fuel System have capability to compensate + - 15% in the fueling dept. So, that allows for some wiggle room. I do not recc running more than 15-16 psi.
I use the Cobb AP-II for tuning, data logging and ECU tuning. I do have 850cc DW side-feeds similar to idea of "stock injector upgrades" -Basically you are given a choice of 740cc, 850cc or 1100cc Deutschwerks injectors and certain companies will give you up to $160 off/credit for your stock injectors. Some people take the restrictor of the end of injectors, but that can be risky(flow rates may not be close enough to safely tune).
Hope this helps, Scott

·
Registered
7,626 Posts
I have a 2005 STi with a MHI TD05H-20G, 4.5" TMIC, Full exhaust (Headers, 2.25-2.5" Up-pipe, Bellmouth D.P. catless 3", Mid-pipe 3, and 3.5" outlet muffler.
But, I did run a 18G on it before the Cobb and Other Stuff with no problems- no codes. I believe the ECU and Fuel System have capability to compensate + - 15% in the fueling dept. So, that allows for some wiggle room. I do not recc running more than 15-16 psi.
I use the Cobb AP-II for tuning, data logging and ECU tuning. I do have 850cc DW side-feeds similar to idea of "stock injector upgrades" -Basically you are given a choice of 740cc, 850cc or 1100cc Deutschwerks injectors and certain companies will give you up to $160 off/credit for your stock injectors. Some people take the restrictor of the end of injectors, but that can be risky(flow rates may not be close enough to safely tune).
Hope this helps, Scott
As in an upgraded turbo with no ECU tuning at all?

·
Registered
142 Posts
back from the dead!

I'm sure more people have stories to share since the last posting! Anyone running 400+WHP on mustang dyno for a while now?

Currently have 330whp on E85, thinking about going for blouch 2.5XTR!

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
A number of people have run 400+ awhp on stock blocks. It can be done. You're much better off assuming that the engine will eventually blow at those power levels though.

·
Registered
796 Posts
I've been running about 30k miles on a Dom 3.0r at about 375hp and 375tq. Those numbers are on the Cobb tuning Dyno in Plano in the summer when it was about 102 degrees out. I'm thinking on a cool night it'd prolly push about 390ish or so. Stock block and all. Nothing outlandish. Bought all my parts while in Iraq and said I want this to run on 93 oct only. I wanna be able to go to the gas station and get gas and off I go. Pushing about 21 psi and so far runs like a champ.

281 - 290 of 290 Posts