IW STi Forum banner

16761 - 16780 of 16780 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Exhaust Install

Call Keith Franklin at Pure Tuning in Toledo: 419-474-7992. Yes, it's an hour to get to Toledo, but if you want the best, and want the job done right, go to Pure Tuning.

I have done thousands of dollars of work on my 2015 STi at Pure Tuning (full exhaust, pro tune, cooling, suspension, brakes, and soon, a full engine build w/ all upgraded/forged internals). Keith is a craftsman who engineers solutions for you, and takes his time providing excellent quality and customer service.

You may have to schedule your work with Keith a few weeks out, but the reason Pure Tuning is so busy is because they are in high demand and they don't just rush your job through (plus everyone is busy this time of year).

The only reason I give Pure Tuning such high praise is because it's rare to find a performance shop that truly takes care of their customers and truly knows what they're doing. Good prices too, especially given the exceptional quality of work.

Btw, I used a local MI shop during my first year of ownership and was not happy with their build quality or their poor customer service. My poor initial experience at the local MI tuner has really made me appreciate how excellent Pure Tuning is, and I've been a Pure Tuning customer now for over 2 years.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Re: Exhaust Install

Call Keith Franklin at Pure Tuning in Toledo: 419-474-7992. Yes, it's an hour to get to Toledo, but if you want the best, and want the job done right, go to Pure Tuning.

I have done thousands of dollars of work on my 2015 STi at Pure Tuning (full exhaust, pro tune, cooling, suspension, brakes, and soon, a full engine build w/ all upgraded/forged internals). Keith is a craftsman who engineers solutions for you, and takes his time providing excellent quality and customer service.

You may have to schedule your work with Keith a few weeks out, but the reason Pure Tuning is so busy is because they are in high demand and they don't just rush your job through (plus everyone is busy this time of year).

The only reason I give Pure Tuning such high praise is because it's rare to find a performance shop that truly takes care of their customers and truly knows what they're doing. Good prices too, especially given the exceptional quality of work.

Btw, I used a local MI shop during my first year of ownership and was not happy with their build quality or their poor customer service. My poor initial experience at the local MI tuner has really made me appreciate how excellent Pure Tuning is, and I've been a Pure Tuning customer now for over 2 years.
Thanks for the recommendation. I think it would be well worth the drive to get things done right if I do some serious modifications. This should just be an easy axleback installation so just seeing if someone local can help. Are you located on the east side as well? I don't see too many STIs in this area...there is actually one in my sub, but I have yet to meet him.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Pure Tuning is legit

Their time attack STi is a work of art

If its just an axleback you can do that in a driveway , I have swapped mine on ramps before.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Exhaust / Suspension Install

Here are some pictures of the type of work Keith does... and yes, my IWSTI ID is PT_STi because I probably have more parts installed by Pure Tuning on my car than OE Subaru... when you finally find a shop that does quality work and treats you well, you become a repeat customer, simple as that... (and no, I have no association with Pure Tuning other than being a very happy customer - just giving an honest recommendation to fellow forum members)...

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
BeyondVision, I'm near AA but hope to meet up with you folks on 4/22 at Griffin Claw. If you stop out to see Keith, tell him Andre sent you.

I run HPDEs and instruct with my STi but it's still streetable / comfortable and we take it up north in February. Keith is really good at helping STis live at the track. He helped me address powertrain cooling, brake cooling, etc. All the stuff that needs attention as lap times begin to drop, especially at Grattan, which has some slower sections that can drive up oil and brake temps.

·
Registered
33 Posts
BeyondVision, I'm near AA but hope to meet up with you folks on 4/22 at Griffin Claw. If you stop out to see Keith, tell him Andre sent you.

I run HPDEs and instruct with my STi but it's still streetable / comfortable and we take it up north in February. Keith is really good at helping STis live at the track. He helped me address powertrain cooling, brake cooling, etc. All the stuff that needs attention as lap times begin to drop, especially at Grattan, which has some slower sections that can drive up oil and brake temps.
Awesome. Looking forward to seeing you guys at Griffin Claw. I was just there on Friday and frequent the place beause its 5 min from where I live. I went to school in AA so I am out there as well. We should meet up next time i'm in the area.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Btw, I agree with Gigs, if it's just swapping an axle-back in your driveway, DIY on quality ramps. Use high-quality exhaust hardware / gaskets / hangers too - that's important. Subispeed probably has decent parts for that or you can call Pure Tuning and Aaron or Keith can recommend parts.

Keith put my exhaust on upgraded hangers to prevent my exhaust pipes from melting my rear fascia during high cornering loads. It's a stiffer hanger (don't remember the name) and it kept my pipes from contacting the fascia during track use without increasing NVH.

·
Super Moderator
10,691 Posts
If I wasn't time constrained I would show you how to do it. Easy on/off I-94 near the airport. But stalls are tied up with my HPDE car and a history project, lol.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Was eating brunch with the family at Whistlestop and started noticing all of these subies pulling up on Eaton. Forgot that you guys were still meeting up at Gclaw Sundays. I was the DGM sti on the side of the road when you turn in. I'll try to join up with you guys next time. Snapped some crappy pics before I left in the car (in the rain):

16761 - 16780 of 16780 Posts