IW STi Forum banner

41 - 60 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Re: Planning a turbo build? This is the price breakdown. Full-Race, APS, UR, Perrin,

Thanks for the costs involved. I'm now thinking a stage 2 protune and wait for a used FP green (and supporting mods) down the road.

·
Premium Member
2,816 Posts
Re: Planning a turbo build? This is the price breakdown. Full-Race, APS, UR, Perrin,

Any ballpark on Cosworth or should Dasani just fess up? :lol:

·
Banned
524 Posts

It's a function of power and cylinder pressure. At this stage of the game you probably know that every setup is different and there aren't many cases where you can say this is the exact point at which this part will fail. That said, if you're stock compression (upgraded pistons/rods or not) with stock heads on a GT35R anything 28 psi or higher is asking for trouble. On ported heads with cams it's harder to say for your setup, but I would agree that if you're near 500 whp on a legit untoyed with Dyno Dynamics or Mustang and they don't have a cup of coffee near the weather station or the IAT probe in the charge pipe etc., then you're asking for it. ;)

-Mike

·
Registered
1,362 Posts

subscribed

·
Registered
650 Posts

awesome!

One correction... Full Race GT35R Twin Scroll kit is $6959.00 including all the HPC Coatings... even without the coating it's ~$6500 That would definitely change some things.

·
Registered
3,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #49

^This was posted 10 months ago, so MSRP may have changed for the various companies.

I wasn't aware of the price change, but does it now include the FMIC or intake? If it does, that would even things out a bit more. There's no doubt APS and Full-Race will be on the higher end of the spectrum, but I think that's justified.

...I'll update the pages at some point for price, and the newer kits like P&L's.

·
Premium Member
1,898 Posts
Re: Planning a big turbo build? This is roughly how much it's going to cost you...

Man that is a great write up/spread sheet. You have also discouraged me from ever upgrading my turbo. My wallet said thank you :D

Ha Ha...yeah, thats all I needed to see, no larger turbo for me!

·
Registered
650 Posts

^This was posted 10 months ago, so MSRP may have changed for the various companies.

I wasn't aware of the price change, but does it now include the FMIC or intake? If it does, that would even things out a bit more. There's no doubt APS and Full-Race will be on the higher end of the spectrum, but I think that's justified.

...I'll update the pages at some point for price, and the newer kits like P&L's.
Haha didn't realize... but thanks for your awesome work!

(P&L sounds yummy too... I'm planning a GC8 sti swap + 35r kit build.... I'm split between P&L 35r & UR 35r)

·
Registered
2,730 Posts

this is alot of great info, im interested to see where the stuff lands now with more parts being available and more cars out there that people are modding i would expect to see the prices drop slightly

·
Registered
120 Posts

No the FMIC is not included.

Check here:
Full-Race Motorsports LLC Call us toll free at (866) FULL-RACE

For $6475 you get:
Full-Race lower turbo manifold
Full-Race Twinscroll T4 Up-Pipe
Garrett Twinscroll 1.06 A/R GT35R Turbocharger
3” downpipe
(2) Tial 44mm Wastegates
Dumptubes
Compressor Intake Tract w/Air Filter
Turbo oil/coolant lines
Turbo oil/coolant fittings
All required hardware and clamps

To get everything coated $484.00 extra, so that would make it $6959 without a FMIC

Their intercooler bundle for $1725.00 includes the following:
Front Mount Intercooler
2.5" Charge Piping
Tial 50mm BOV
Intake Manifold/Throttle Body Spacers

Also keep in mind that this is a reversed manifold setup rather than the traditional setup.

·
Registered
3,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #54

^No FMIC, but the intake is now included. Labour (if required) would be significantly higher for this kit as well if you flip the manifold. Anyway, one day I'll get around to getting the other kits included and the current ones updated.

Scout, you in Ed too? Check out WSC if you aren't already on there.

·
Registered
120 Posts

Yup, i've been on WSC for a while, even bought my STI there from STI-Tom (He has a really nice GTR....) :)
Anyone know what type of intake is included and if it has a MAF or not? (Short ram , or maybe a CAI?)

Edit: Ah, not sure how I missed it:
Full-Race Motorsports LLC Call us toll free at (866) FULL-RACE
Seems like they make three intakes depending on your MAF or MAP preference. I would guess that you then choose which one you want at the time of order?

·
Registered
2,951 Posts

Is there a market for another rotated mount STI turbo kit? A big power 35r kit with a 2.5" uppipe, 3" charge piping, and a 900hp garrett IC core (unlike all the china ebay cores used in most other kits).

The shop I've been dealing with competes very nicely in the honda market, but in talking with the shop owner, he is not sure there would be enough of a market with subarus.

·
Registered
795 Posts

Is there a market for another rotated mount STI turbo kit? A big power 35r kit with a 2.5" uppipe, 3" charge piping, and a 900hp garrett IC core (unlike all the china ebay cores used in most other kits).

The shop I've been dealing with competes very nicely in the honda market, but in talking with the shop owner, he is not sure there would be enough of a market with subarus.
There's definitely room for better FMIC kits. I'm not convinced 3" piping is needed- but give me a 900 Garrett core or equiv., sound end tank design, smooth pipe bends & bead rolled ends, minimal connections, good clamps, counterclockwise flow that allows me to retain JDM foglights (read: minmal cutting) and I'm all other it.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts

900hp core might be excessive for a compressor that's only rated at 65 lb/min.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Re: **Updated** Planning a turbo build? This is roughly what it will cost you.

Nice excel spreadsheets. This is great info especially those that are new to the game and want more power beyond stage 2. Definately an eye opener when you think about the costs involved. Thanks for putting those sheets together.

41 - 60 of 118 Posts