IW STi Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Honestly when I saw that I figured it would be a gd. That’s not super surprising yet. In 5-10 years it would be. Still low miles and not a terrible deal. Tad expensive but not Terrible

·
Registered
325 Posts
What? 10k is extremely low. Also, incredibly overpriced for the least desirable sti ever.
Agreed about the mileage part, but why least desirable? I'd personally want the Limited if I was in the market and those seem the rarest.

As much as the low mileage is appealing, cars need to be driven. Use it or lose it. I'd be concerned with how well it actually runs.

·
Registered
347 Posts
I think the 2008-2010 WRX were the least desirable due to it's narrow fenders. The STI had the wider fenders, I kinda wish they did this with the VA too, WRX = narrowbody and STI= wide body. According to Road and Track the GR STI was "softer and sloppier" and when the VA STI came out it handled noticeable better than the GR.

Wheel Automotive parking light Car Tire Vehicle

Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Car Land vehicle

I still prefer the front of the GR over the VA. I love those fenders.

Vehicle Car Land vehicle Vehicle registration plate Grille

source: Subaru WRX and STI Generation Guide: Every Generation from the GC to VA

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
What? 10k is extremely low. Also, incredibly overpriced for the least desirable sti ever.
Yeah, I said low miles…..and it’s a tad overpriced imo, but I could see it selling for 5k less no doubt. It’s not really the “least desirable”, arguable between that and the va chassis. But even if it was, still the least desirable of a very desirable line of cars.

·
Registered
347 Posts
I think it's a bit high, but not excessively far from what KBB lists in this current market. The STI has always retained its value and with the discontinuation of the STI and our current "Car Bubble" I'm not surprised at the asking price. Would I pay this much? Hell no. Would I pay $32K for a mint GR w/only 10K miles, yup. The car is 8 years old and the way I drive, 10K miles is only half a year's worth of driving for me.

Product Font Line Screenshot Parallel

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
In what world do you think 40k is an appropriate px here?
Check jfaz’s comment above. I said it wasn’t terrible. But was a tad high. And even estimated 5k less would be ideal. Which is right on what kbb says. But even with you blatantly disregarding that.

1-the STi is no longer made. Therefore increasing the market value for all
2- inflation/covid economy has caused the price of used cars to skyrocket, not just Subaru, but all cars. Those like the STi that are more desirable have gone up too. And people are overcharging. Some are overbuying too.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts