IW STi Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I got these awhile back from Clint @ TIC. Here is what I got with them:

TICIE the Autocross Cow FTW!
I don't know if it is a good or bad thing, but I am building quite an air force with all the goodies from TIC.
Anyway, I just got around to putting these in on 9-30-06. I followed the instructions on ScoobyMods here: One thing I did not like was having to cut the "nibs" off of 2-out-of-4 bushings. It went ok, but, I would rather not be given the chance to screw anything up.
After reading Peaty's instructions, I decided it would be better to just completely remove the tranny x-member intact. That way I could work on it out from under the car and see what I was doing and not have to fight it so much. I had already removed the x-member before to install my Group-N tranny mount so I knew what I was up against-cake. I use impacts and zipping the x-member off (6 X 14mm & 2 X 17mm) with the tranny supported by a floor jack is a breeze.
I put the bushings in with no probs and put the x-member back in.
Impressions:
Wow! Now, I already had the Group-N tranny mount so my situ is a bit different than from stock. But I could really feel the difference! No increased NVH and so much smoother. I have to tell you, my results from all of the stiffening I have done just improves the car. Smoother, better power delivery, and the car just seems better made-like much higher quality.

CB

·
Registered
314 Posts
fastcb said:
I got these awhile back from Clint @ TIC. Here is what I got with them:

TICIE the Autocross Cow FTW!
I don't know if it is a good or bad thing, but I am building quite an air force with all the goodies from TIC.
Anyway, I just got around to putting these in on 9-30-06. I followed the instructions on ScoobyMods here: One thing I did not like was having to cut the "nibs" off of 2-out-of-4 bushings. It went ok, but, I would rather not be given the chance to screw anything up.
After reading Peaty's instructions, I decided it would be better to just completely remove the tranny x-member intact. That way I could work on it out from under the car and see what I was doing and not have to fight it so much. I had already removed the x-member before to install my Group-N tranny mount so I knew what I was up against-cake. I use impacts and zipping the x-member off (6 X 14mm & 2 X 17mm) with the tranny supported by a floor jack is a breeze.
I put the bushings in with no probs and put the x-member back in.
Impressions:
Wow! Now, I already had the Group-N tranny mount so my situ is a bit different than from stock. But I could really feel the difference! No increased NVH and so much smoother. I have to tell you, my results from all of the stiffening I have done just improves the car. Smoother, better power delivery, and the car just seems better made-like much higher quality.

CB
why we have to cut 2 out of 4. :confused:
If that is must, then why don`t they make it like that from the beginning?

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
RyanLee said:
why we have to cut 2 out of 4. :confused:
If that is must, then why don`t they make it like that from the beginning?
The nipples go through the holes in the x-member from one side and the other bushing meets the nipples on the other side. If you don't cut two of the bushings, they will both be trying to go through the hole. Understand?

CB

·
Registered
261 Posts
i am in the process of installing the tranny x-member bushings...got the rear one in but am having trouble putting the front bushing assembly back in place.

where did u support the tranny from before removing the entire brace?

i think i'm going to remove the entire brace assembly to install the front bushings but haven't figured out where to support the tranny from.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts